Chief engineer jobs

Just applied for my USCG Original Unlimited HP steam, motors and GT license and I’m waiting on final determination. 29 years in the US Navy, CDR 6130 Engineer LDO and I’m going to look for civilian mariner employment after I’ve earned my license. HIGHLY interested in Sailing Chief onboard CONUS tugs with good on/off rotation. Are the employment prospects good right now for those willing to work hard?!

[QUOTE=PATTERTJ;162928]Just applied for my USCG Original Unlimited HP steam, motors and GT license and I’m waiting on final determination. 29 years in the US Navy, CDR 6130 Engineer LDO and I’m going to look for civilian mariner employment after I’ve earned my license. HIGHLY interested in Sailing Chief onboard CONUS tugs with good on/off rotation. Are the employment prospects good right now for those willing to work hard?![/QUOTE]

Not familiar with the word/acronym ‘CONUS.’ But anyway, its slim pickings all around for employment these days…but hopefully by the time you get approved and finish your exams things may pick up.

I feel that there is more of a need for engineers though, and you could get lucky…its all timing. I suggest you attempt to network and make contacts while you are in the licensing process. Also, tugs/atbs would be a great way to go.

[QUOTE=Ctony;162930]Not familiar with the word/acronym ‘CONUS.’ But anyway, its slim pickings all around for employment these days…but hopefully by the time you get approved and finish your exams things may pick up.[/QUOTE]

CONUS = Continental united States

There are a lot of tug guys here, do a thread search and you’ll come up with some info. Employment should be good in your neck of the woods regardless of what’s going on in the Gulf.

[QUOTE=PATTERTJ;162928]Just applied for my USCG Original Unlimited HP steam, motors and GT license and I’m waiting on final determination. 29 years in the US Navy, CDR 6130 Engineer LDO and I’m going to look for civilian mariner employment after I’ve earned my license. HIGHLY interested in Sailing Chief onboard CONUS tugs with good on/off rotation. Are the employment prospects good right now for those willing to work hard?![/QUOTE]

The IMO may be LFE. But IBU may as well. MSC may be a good place as long as your not UFFW. MEBA may also be a good PTSA, but in the gulf you need to CYA, with loads of PPW. Ahhhh acronyms are fun. GL