Cheap trans from MSY to Morgan City?

I work for a one boat co. that doesn’t pay transporation in Morgan City. Usually I drive, this time I will be flying in and will be looking for the most cost effective way to get from New Orleans Airport to Morgan City. Rent car one way? Van service? Anybody with any experience suggestions are welcome. Other Captain says he may have numbers for local unemployed drunks looking to make a few bucks on an airport pickup but this would be my last resort. Thanks.

Reserve a car at Enterprise. Ask your company if they have a corporate account that you can use to get a discount.

You can rent one way with Enterprise, and there is an Enterprise office at a car dealer just across the bridge in Berwick.

A one way from msy to berwick la. (Mc) should run about 45 useing your own insurance filling the gas yourself etc. Berwick enterprise is in the AJ Dohman gm dealership right off of bridge will ride you to your company. Beware the enterprise in berwick is only open m-f 0730-1700 but they have a key drop box by the yellow strobe light.

Correction: 45 is with company rate. Try aaa discount.

Wow! Quick response! Thank you, I was a little leary of the last option, you never know what someone has in there vehicle that no amount of explaining will work with the cops.

Just an update on my experience with this. I picked up a car from Enterprise MSY for $23 a day and needed it for 5 days of schools and orientation, then dropped it of at Enterprise Berwick no drop charge. Easy, now at the end of my hitch I got screwed! Enterprise New Iberia, Laffayette, and Berwick would not rent me a car one way to MSY! I bummed a ride to Houma and they rented me a car at $55 a day + a $35 dollar drop charge at MSY. Seems the different branches do not want cars going to the airport so anyone trying this will want to keep this in mind. A reservation may have helped, but the way the company operates when you get off is anyones guess. Nothing like feeling you are stuck in the bayou at the end of a hitch.

[QUOTE=dingleberry;121512]Just an update on my experience with this. I picked up a car from Enterprise MSY for $23 a day and needed it for 5 days of schools and orientation, then dropped it of at Enterprise Berwick no drop charge. [/QUOTE]

In the past Young Memorial has had their Enterprise corporate number on their website to allow students to get that rate when they attend classes. However, I just looked for it on their web site, but did not see it. You could always ask the YM office if they still have one.

But at $23 day, you got a good rate for the first part of your trip.

There is always the possibility of returning the car to a different Enterprise office near the airport to see if you could avoid the drop charge. But you would need a taxi to get to MSY from the office.

Some guys buy a cheapo car to keep down here for these little issues of travel. A $1000 dollar car would pay for itself in about 5 hitches.