Certificates of equivalent competency

Good Afternoon All

I’m not sure if this is the place to post this thread so please bare with me.I am a British Deck Officer currently working over in the UK.I have an American girlfriend that now wants to go home to the east coast and take me with her.

Can anyone give me some advice on the process of obtaining a USCG license with my existing UK license.The process for US to UK is simply sea service evidence and training certificates,is it the same thing for UK to US?

Any information would be much appreciated.