CCW Pistol Carry Permits. How many have one?

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;155493]Now carrying (don’t laugh) Charter Arms Undercover in .38 spc.(another fine weapon believe it or not) I know only 5 shots blah,blah,blah. I’m not assualting the beaches at Normandy, just going to the store…I also have a North Amercian Arms mini in 22 mag. I’ve found that the easier to carry the more I carry it.[/QUOTE]

The only problem I’ve run across with the Charter Arms is the internal firing pin. Hard primers like CCI brand would have occasional misfires. Never had problems with any other brand. Dollar for dollar it’s one of the best buys. The 22 mag should never be underestimated what it’s capable from a short barrel.

CC is burdensome. The weight of the iron along with the liability. If I carried, I’d have my wife’s Mod 60 Smith with standard 38 spc loads, not +P. 2nd choice would be her LW Commander in 45ACP. Both are tuned and tricked out.

Kimber Custom with Pachmayr Signature grips, an Alloy frame and beveled treatment on the entire gun

Wife and I both carry. Pistols of choice are Springfield XDMs with full magazines of Hornady Critical Defense rounds.

[QUOTE=Tugs;155515]If you ask an E.R. Doctor, more people are killed with 22’s because the bullet travels around inside causing a lot of damage.[/QUOTE]

Well, that may be true, but Immediately stopping the threat is more important than inflicting wounds which later could prove fatal.

Here’s a good read on the topic of best calibers for SD: http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm

kimber 45. ACP pro cary

Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion carry size. 45 ACP.

[ATTACH]4180[/ATTACH]

Some fine taste in weapons on here.

Yep, Sailors do love some firearms!

I can’t wait for my new toy to arrive. It’s just like X-mas used to be when I was young. :slight_smile:

Oops I just found this - John Lennon turned and was shot twice in the back and twice in the shoulder with a Charter Arms .38-caliber pistol. The weapon used was an Undercover same model as i’ve got.

S&W Sigma 9mm. Light, comfortable, accurate. Works for me.

I have a few nice weapons but no concealed carry permit. When I feel I might need to carry a weapon around in order to feel safe I’ll move some place safer. I did start locking my outside doors about 10 years ago and have thought about getting a flu shot a few times. So I guess paranoia is creeping up on me too.

Truth be known, I am one of the few taking the poll who does not have a permit. Couple reason include just recently attaining the eligibility age and lack of funds. It cost over $200 to get a permit in the Peoples Republic of Connecticut and that’s money I just don’t have at the moment.

Trust me, it’s on my ‘to do’ list.

Permit or not - if someone were to break into our home while occupied, it would probably go down something like this:

//youtu.be/KcsLaSBWG9k

My choice is the Sig P938. If I want more and am wearing a jacket then it is the XDM 45.

The weather down here in Alabama definitely dictates the kind of weapon you conceal carry.
Jet $20 and a few minutes in the sheriffs office, and you have a concealed carry permit good for I believe 22 states. I love the South.

I live in bear country,

• Colt delta elite 10 mm
    Or
  • Glock 20 in 10 mm w 15 rd mags
    Or
    -Dan Wesson revolver in 357 mag (parkerized)
    Or
  • 12 gage in the wood shed 24/7

Can’t wait to get home 2 weeks left of a 3 month trip…

Got my CCW in 3 states now with reciprocity in 30 or so

A Ruger LCP 380 does it for me. Small, lightweight and enough stopping power to feel good about it. With the sleeve holster, it fits nicely in a hip or back pocket and just looks like an iPhone or a wallet, and when you draw, that sleeve stays behind every single time. Its pretty warm in Charleston most of the year, so anything that would need to be hidden under a coat is just too much. The guy that did my CWP class issued a Utah permit as well, paired with the SC permit it covers the vast majority of the states…or at least the ones you would want to go to!

Alabama does have reciprocal agreements with the following states:

Alaska Kansas Oklahoma
Arizona Kentucky South Dakota
Arkansas Louisiana Tennessee
Colorado Michigan Texas
Florida Mississippi Utah
Georgia Missouri West Virginia
Idaho New Hampshire Wyoming
Indiana North Carolina
Iowa North Dakota
Alabama does not have reciprocal agreements with the following states: please check with the individual state regarding changes in their gun laws.

California

Minnesota

Oregon

Connecticut

Montana

Pennsylvania

Delaware

Nebraska

Rhode Island

Hawaii

Nevada

South Carolina (What???)