Case Studies

Hello all. I am searching the web for hard copy case studies on maritime collisions, etc, but can’t seem to find any.

All suggestions are appreciated!

Yup, your not much of a maverick if you can’t navigate over to any of the myriad of ship accident report sites.

3 Likes

Jeez. Didn’t mean to hit one of your soft notes geezer.

If you reread what I asked in the title, I was asking for hard copy recommendation other than text books. Not PDFs.

Thanks for the side note though. Good day!

There’s plenty on the Titanic. :smiley:

If you print a pdf it becomes a hard copy. You could even get Staples to bind it for you.

2 Likes

Apparently not.

1 Like

Farwell’s Rules of the Road

Hmmm. Linear thinking at it’s best by OP!
New 3m nailed it!! [Thinking OUTSIDE the box] BZ!

Not sure what you need, but here are a few suggestions.
There’s a hardcover book from academic publisher Elsevier/North-Holland, Collision at Sea: A Guide to Legal Consequences (1978, so hardly up to date) but it has a wealth of footnotes that refer to “hard copy” documents… since in 1978 that was about all there was! I thought you probably get a copy fast & cheap on Amazon or Advanced Booksellers Exchange (ABE), but the only one I see is $375! Sh*t, I’ll probably sell mine at that price. Find a library that will get it for you. And ask a librarianin your home or next American port city. They are really helpful. I used to date one. Hi, Kris!

Also you can join free Academia.edu. There are about a dozen “scholarly” documents available freely on “collision,” a few of which might be of interest – although I do realize it’s not “hard-copies”… BUT there might be references in footnotes or appendices of works referred to which you could mine.

PS: If you get to Academia, check out the equation for “The Slower Ship Dilemma”! I didn’t even know there was such a thing – probably all real watch-standing officers do – but as a (relatively) small boat sailer, it might save my hull, if not my life.