Captain Position Availible

[FONT=Calibri]I’m John, I am crewing agent based in the UK.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I am currently looking to fill a position on a DP Vessel, and we require a Captain. We require someone with both unlimited master and DP qualifications.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]The position we have Is based on a 60/60 Rotation based in Saudi Arabia on a 2 yr contract.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]The rate of pay for this position ranges between 500-600 USD per day<O:p</O:p[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]If you would be ever so kind to email me back with your interest it would be much appreciated, and I look forward to hearing from you<O:p</O:p[/FONT]

??“Unlimited master and DP experience…The rate of pay for this position ranges between 500-600 USD per day”??

as one of my “pay as you go” girl friends likes to say I believe that may be “too much sugar for a dime”<O:p</O:p

I agree Seadawg, They must be looking for someone else. $500 to $600 a day for an U/L Master WITH DP exp???

I think that John believes this to be a more international board than it is, but I feel that even at world scale that the dayrate quoted is low unless if perhaps a master from Romania or India is what they seek? Hell even the cost of living in Poland or the Ukraine is nearly as high as the US. In most of the rest of Europe or even Russia, the cost of living is higher. It may seem ironic but the payrates for American DP masters and officers are in many cases lower that their European counterparts and that we would be the “cheap labor” but even then the foreign shipowners still don’t want us because of the Jones Act unseaworthiness boogeyman! For the most part, they are frankly scared to death of hiring an American.

Anyway, John if you come back to this thread, I am sorry to say that you need to up the rate to $800/day minimum to attract quality North American or European talent.

It is probably worth doing a search on WRS and a whois search on the domain. The address provided is a boy’s school.

The UK is riddled with maritime employment scams and I suggest anyone responding to any offer from anyone from a company you do not know personally to take the time to research the company name, the contact name, the email address and the domain name of the server they use.

Hi John, pls send me more details capt_sp@hotmail.com ,