Can you identify this tug stack?

My father gave me this model tug when I was a child, and now I’m curious to know more about it. All I know is that he bought it in Germany, and on the stand it says “E.P.L 950”. Does anyone know what that symbol on the stack is?

Thanks.

That’s an E.P. Lehmann model tug boat that is actually pretty sought after in the toy world. I think Lehmann is out of business, or has been bought out, but you might want to consult a toy collector to see of he can give you any more information. Lehmann also made a series of collectible trains which were pretty popular. The stack markings don’t ring any bells, but I would imagine that it would have been a German tug company since Lehmann was out of Nuremberg. The toy tug boat is probably worth a bit of money, maybe even a few hundred dollars I would guess.
Try a collectibles dealer in the UK would be my guess if you want to get going in the right direction, he might be able to give you some guidance (BBC’s “Cash in the Attic” would be a good resource.)
Good Luck, and let us know what you find out.

Damn. You’re good. I might have a toy boat for you to look at too.

Surprising what you pick up over the years…LOL…does the toy boat have a little man in it too?

You may also want to try posting the photo with our friends over at ShipSpotting which is a forum for maritime photographers. They spend hours reasearching vessel markings. If that doesn’t work then William over at Tugster might be able to help.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks El Capitan for the great info! That’s more than I’ve dug up for decades …haha. I’ll let you know if I get more.

[QUOTE=El Capitan;7134]That’s an E.P. Lehmann model tug boat that is actually pretty sought after in the toy world. I think Lehmann is out of business, or has been bought out, but you might want to consult a toy collector to see of he can give you any more information. Lehmann also made a series of collectible trains which were pretty popular. The stack markings don’t ring any bells, but I would imagine that it would have been a German tug company since Lehmann was out of Nuremberg. The toy tug boat is probably worth a bit of money, maybe even a few hundred dollars I would guess.
Try a collectibles dealer in the UK would be my guess if you want to get going in the right direction, he might be able to give you some guidance (BBC’s “Cash in the Attic” would be a good resource.)
Good Luck, and let us know what you find out.[/QUOTE]

I’ll do that John, thanks!

[QUOTE=john;7156]You may also want to try posting the photo with our friends over at ShipSpotting which is a forum for maritime photographers. They spend hours reasearching vessel markings. If that doesn’t work then William over at Tugster might be able to help.

Let us know what you find![/QUOTE]