Can a bankruptcy keep you from getting a job?

Seaman’s wages can only be garnished for Federal taxes and/or child support.
This has been upheld many times.

Google it.

[QUOTE=seadog!;44111]Seaman’s wages can only be garnished for Federal taxes and/or child support.
This has been upheld many times. Google it.[/QUOTE]

But, this may not apply to attaching a seaman’s bank account. If you’re paid by direct deposit, the result could be the same, you can’t get your money without going to Court.

[QUOTE=cajuntugster;44033]It is ironic, down right disgusting actually, the standards and rules we, the average Joes and Josephines(PC) are held to when our elected and non elected leaders can have bankruptcies, DWI’S,felonies, income tax issues, etc. etc. in their past, distant and not so distant, and even present day. I don’t think most of them are qualified to be a food handler much less making the laws we must live by.
Enough, let me climb off my soapbox before I fall and hurt myself, then because of my new more expensive and crappier insurance, I can’t pay the hospital bills, have to go belly up, and loose my job because i am no longer a 700 FICO.[/QUOTE]

They make the rules. Why would they legislate against themselves? If you really want to get perturbed, 6 years in the Senate or House gives you a 30k a year retirement for life and no deductible health insurance at ANY HOSPITAL or DOCTOR which will not be affected by Obama Care. I had to to do 20 years before I qualified for retirement and medical.

Bob Dole retired with 310k a year and annual money for an office.