Cal Dive assets

Hey all,

Does anyone know if anyone ended up picking up Cal Dive’s Lone Star or Uncle John?

I think a bunch were picked up by Deep Core Marine but haven’t heard anything about those two.

(They all probably should have just been scrapped though…)

[QUOTE=SomeGuy;168963]Hey all,

Does anyone know if anyone ended up picking up Cal Dive’s Lone Star or Uncle John?

I think a bunch were picked up by Deep Core Marine but haven’t heard anything about those two.

(They all probably should have just been scrapped though…)[/QUOTE]

yes, all should have been scrapped years ago however I have noticed a listings for the UNCLE JOHN and MYSTIC VIKING for sale. Don’t know about the other vessels tho…

I passed by the Uncle John last night, it is still sitting on the north end of BAE shipyard in the slip, the same place it has been for months. Didn’t really look like much activity going on onboard. Cranes were in the cradles very few lights on.

Thanks for the info. I just learned that the vessel was purchased by a company called Momentum Engineering out of Dubai. The vessel will most likely transit there because I can’t see that company trying to market the vessel over here. Hopefully the vessel can survive that voyage.