Uncle John

Heard that early this week that the Cal Dive vessel “Uncle John” was supposed to be sold. Dont know if it was an auction or sealed bid or whatever. I know it has been in Mobile for a while, but no work really being done, or not much work being done. It will be interesting to see who picks it up. I heard there were 3 companies interested.

I was talking to a friend not too long ago who is in management in the ship yard. He said that they were well into fixing the damage from the fire, when Cal-Dive went belly up. They apparently were owed a pretty penny and they wanted it sold ASAP to recoup some of their money. I’m sure they’ll also tack on some serious dock fees since its been sitting there since around the end of January I believe.

Vessel is still sitting at the BAE Mobile yard… Wonder whats going on with it.

I read it was purchased by Momentum Engineering from Dubai. But the vessel, like already mentioned, is in Mobile still? I’m wondering if it’ll survive a move to Dubai.

[QUOTE=SomeGuy;185834]Vessel is still sitting at the BAE Mobile yard… Wonder whats going on with it.[/QUOTE]

I heard it’s undergoing 5-year special survey