Best pilothouse window defroster?

Looking to retrofit an upper wheelhouse on a towboat for winter service in Cook inlet and environs. We’ve got some forced air units installed in the lower wheelhouse that work well and are available through Fisheries Supply. Are there better ones? SeaClear is also an option though I don’t like the slight distortion.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Seaclear. 3 out of the 5 in this wheelhouse (the three installed by a professional) don’t have any distortion. They work a lot better than the forced air units for keeping the ice off the windows.

[QUOTE=tradsailor;148922]Seaclear. 3 out of the 5 in this wheelhouse (the three installed by a professional) don’t have any distortion. They work a lot better than the forced air units for keeping the ice off the windows.[/QUOTE]

The Seaclear defrosters work very well but they have to be installed correctly. We had a Captain install some and he rushed and did not follow the instructions to the letter and they had bubbles all over the place. The couple that were installed correctly looked great a year later but you could barely see out of the other ones on a clear day.

I guess I have not seen very many Seaclears that are installed correctly. Some certainly work and look a lot better than others.

I’ve had these German models (Tilse Industrie Control Unit Timon 550)in my wheelhouse for the past 9 years… They have worked perfectly in nasty New England winters… There is a slight distortion occasionally, but they melt the ice and snow right off an prevent fogging…

Pictures aren’t uploading?