Best 14 /14 jobs for a third mate in the GOM

What is the best route to go if I’m looking for a 14/14 rotation job in the GOM AS A THird MATE? Whether it be on an OSV, tug, ETC…

The best!? Well L&M Botruc has two DP-2 boats that work 14/14. I wouldn’t necessarily say that would be your best option, but I couldn’t possibly know. They will put you wherever though. I believe they are over 1700GT too. GulfMark has one. Good luck with that.

why do you want to work even time? Think of all the big money you can make working 3/1! When you see the light Tenner Cenac at Gulf Offshore Marinehas a job for you…

You suck for beating me to it c.captain.

[QUOTE=z-drive;148837]You suck for beating me to it c.captain.[/QUOTE]

gotta get up pretty damned early to scoop the ol’ master of the pointy stick

What about New York? Are any companies doing 2/2 besides Mcallister and Vane in New York?

He did say the GOM, but Moran also does 2/2 in NY Harbor, in addition to Vane and Mac.

Harley Marine, some KOM boats do 2/2, Donjon

Unless you have lots of experience, if you come to moran with a 3rd mates license they will put you on an ATB in an AB spot doing 3/3

[QUOTE=acesouthcoast;150182]Unless you have lots of experience, if you come to moran with a 3rd mates license they will put you on an ATB in an AB spot doing 3/3[/QUOTE]

That would provide time to complete a TOAR, which you would need to be mate on any towing vessel, including an ATB.

Yea this person would be able to get most of the TOAR completed on the ATB but i think he/she would have to hop on another traditional type wire boat to have everything signed off. Its been a while but i seem to remember having to round up on the barge and make up alongside the tow. That doesn’t happen on the ATB’s at moran. Lots of the academy guys have to come in on there time off to complete the TOAR on a wire boat.

Some companies are signing off mates with ATB specific TOARs

Is that something the uscg accepts? And then the towing license is limited to ATB’s? That would make lots of sense. Its kind of frustrating to get your TOAR signed if you cant get overtime on a wire boat and in some cases its hard to find a boat with a designated examiner.

The uscg is okay with it. It’s a big company and they’ve been doing it for a while.

What’s reinauer in New York do? 2 or 3 weeks?

They do 2/2