Becoming a DE

Has anyone been through this process lately ? I submitted the paper work to the email provided using the instructions provided per the nmc website waited the 7-10 business days for a response heard nothing called no answer , left a message no return call. Repeated the process called and called . Heard nothing.

The response time has been slower than usual lately. You should get a reply that your information was received in the next week or two.
I sent something similar in back in November and got a reply that it was received after about 3 weeks. Have not heard anything since…

I haven’t heard a word

It’s an office that oversees the issuance of credentials that aren’t needed or required. It’s like the people who run Dungeons & Dragons or Harry Potter clubs. I can understand why the people who work there lose interest & become less attentive after a while. What’s the point?

1 Like

Just curious but I what forms did you submit and where?

SUBMISSION OF DESIGNATED EXAMINER OR QUALIFIED ASSESSOR APPROVAL REQUESTS
Requests for approvals of Designated Examiners (DE), TOAR requests, and Qualified Assessors (QA) should be submitted to the NMC’s Training & Assessment Division via e-mail in PDF format at NMCCourses@uscg.mil.
Fax to: (304) 433-3408, ATTN: Training & Assessment Division (NMC-2)

They have a check list on what to submit I’ll find a link it’s all on the nmc site https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/NMC/pdfs/training/designated_examiner_submittal_checklist.pdf

@jdcavo any insight on the process ? Backed up ?