Andrie Shipping great lakes

As far I can tell Andrie isn’t a horrible company to work for and is similar to most other great lakes companies. As a mate you do end up on the bow calling distances and such on the bow, but its a normality for the lakes. A lot of the captains are company men, and because they are mostly hawepipers I’ve noticed that the tend to micromanage the deck. Safety concerns I have had aside the work isn’t bad on the cement boats, will find out about the oil boats in the coming weeks.

They do have a program for training relief captains which I hear, hear mind you, isn’t hard to get into if you want to advance. With that said they are a growing company on the lakes which is hard to find.

I will let you guys know how things go in the future. Its hard to really get a feel for what will happen in the future. One draw back is there is no work for mates in the winter though…

But so true!!

I might agree that doing paperwork at night underway isn’t a good idea, but as far as it being the " Captains paperwork " I disagree. As a Captain any lawful work I give the Mate to do is " his paperwork "