An open request to Mike to restore the Obama thread

I thought it was actually a very well crafted dialog…I especially liked George Carlin’s rant

A true sage…

who’s with me in this request?

I would agree only if it were put in a more appropriate place like Scuttlebutt.

Don’t feed the trolls.

wasn’t me. Not sure what thread you’re talking about.

Must have been John then.

John - Don’t worry about C.Capt - he’ll find something else to stir the pot with.

[QUOTE=Mikey;103660]wasn’t me. Not sure what thread you’re talking about.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm…this is a mystery. It was a thread started two days ago with a title something like “Obama, has he helped you?” by U.S. Marine ret.

I am the person to blame :wink:

I have no problem with posts that praise or condone the maritime & offshore policies of any administration (foreign or domestic) but the question “what has obama done for you?” Is too broad.

Feel free to repost it as “What has (marad, uscg, etc) done for you since the president took office?”

I didn’t know it had been cut.

Something like that would be ok in Scuttlebutt. I included George because, after all, he was frickin’ right. There is no left and right.

(YMMV)

[QUOTE=c.captain;103663]Hmmm…this is a mystery. It was a thread started two days ago with a title something like “Obama, has he helped you?” by U.S. Marine ret.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was more on this line of thought: "Has Obama and his liberal policies helped or hindered you?"
I replied “Mister, this is a forum for Professional Merchant Seamen. We have an understanding among ourselves not to discuss our personal political leanings. We have many former military members, some of whom experienced war, I am one.
I hope you get my point.”

The thread was started by a forum member named “U.S. Marine(ret)”

[QUOTE=c.captain;103655]I thought it was actually a very well crafted dialog…I especially liked George Carlin’s rant

A true sage…[/QUOTE]

Hey, C.Capt - No fair posting GC without a hyperlink.

He’s cool, for a really old guy.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;103705]Hey, C.Capt - No fair posting GC without a hyperlink.

He’s cool, for a really old guy.[/QUOTE]

He WAS one of the GREAT comedians of history but now he’s DEAD JIM!

[QUOTE=john;103681]I am the person to blame[/QUOTE]

oh greatest overload and master…I grovel before thee

but I still thought that wasn’t such a terrible thread and wished you had left if for us unwashed masses to revel ourselves!

[QUOTE=c.captain;103712]oh greatest overload and master…I grovel before thee

but I still thought that wasn’t such a terrible thread and wished you had left if for us unwashed masses to revel ourselves![/QUOTE]

Look-ee, you fucker, I do take spung baths, every now and then.
You posted very good replies why this thread was in deep need to go bye-bye.
Now you change your tune? How very Deck-ee of you. :cool:

Yea, I took a peek, you and this marvelous example of a Merchant Seaman are, or once were, forum pals.
As one great comedian once stated, “Now count that out!”

does Obama have a boat?
has he ever been in one?
Did he come by boat from Kenya or fly to Hawaii

Probably can’t even spell boat.

See what I mean, c.captain?
powerabout, captain76, take it some where else.
BTW, you two can not say shit about yourselves. Get the fuck off the forum.
Trools will not be tolerated.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;103727]See what I mean, c.captain?
powerabout, captain76, take it some where else.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit that when you’re right…YOU ARE RIGHT!

[QUOTE=c.captain;103728]I have to admit that when you’re right…YOU ARE RIGHT![/QUOTE]

Good Night, my Friend.
See ya tomorrow.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;103729]Good Night, my Friend.
See ya tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

yeah you better turn in but take a bath first!