Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse is dead, RIP. solid music.

We were listening to it last night on the Bridge and it brought back memories of my time as Captain on the Seacor Spirit in Luba & Malabo in Equatorial Guinea in 2006-7 when her great album BACK TO BLACK came out. We were all jamming to it: White & Black Africans, Europeans, Americans, Indians, even the Chinese Hostesses at the jiggy jiggy bars.

One word. Unsympathetic. Call it a character flaw, but I can never bring myself to sympathize for anything anyone brings upon themselves. My wife calls me a “robot”. I don’t understand all of the fans sending flowers either. Stupid. Total waste of money considering.
Even my brother that had a tragic accident, was a quadriplegic from C2 down and on a ventilator, he lasted for about 1 year after that, but had enough sense to request all to make donations to the Christopher Reeve foundation in lieu of flowers or cards once he passed away. Edison Chouest Offshore made a donation on his behalf.
30 bucks to a drug prevention program for kids makes more sense than flowers on a sidewalk.

I found this very interesting. First time I saw it. The 27 club. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Was this girl a sailor?
Is that why she’s a topic on gCaptain?

She had some old-fashion sailor tattoos. Does that count?

[QUOTE=seadog!;53179]Was this girl a sailor?
Is that why she’s a topic on gCaptain?[/QUOTE]

She was sailing on something, no doubt about it.

who the F is this winehouse? anything populer she did ?

As Anchorman puts it bluntly…[I]One word. Unsympathetic. [/I]
Ditto. Lets use this forum for more pertinent topics relating to the maritime world.

Word on the street is that they tried to make her go to rehab…

…but she said “No! No! No!”

Too soon?

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn!!!

She wasn’t a sailor, just full of seaman

Rumor is,

Elton john will be dedicating a special song @ her funeral, “like a candle under the spoon”. And yesterday in London, the police asked all the mourners @ her apartment to please form a line, its what she would have wanted.

[QUOTE=BargeMonkey;53200]Rumor is,

Elton john will be dedicating a special song @ her funeral, “like a candle under the spoon”. And yesterday in London, the police asked all the mourners @ her apartment to please form a line, its what she would have wanted.[/QUOTE]
Now THAT"S funny.

I see she was wearing an anchor necklace.
Maybe she should have gone to “sea-hab”.

…as Tommy Lee reacted. “Amy Winehouse died. That’s a lifestyle choice. The 87 who were murdered in Oslo, Norway. That’s (expletive) tragic.”

Not usually a source of wisdom but I think he’s been most accurate compared to the panderings of his many fellow musicians on what a great loss her passing is…

[B]Yeah I was bummed when Brad Delp bit it too… oh wait, I thought I was in Leon Redbone thread…[/B]

I think it dose!!

So there is a lot more of these dumbasses.

[QUOTE=keelhaul;53175]I found this very interesting. First time I saw it. The 27 club. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club[/QUOTE]

Its ok I’m perfectly fine with blasting an idiot like Amy Winehouse who could not get her shit together on gcaptain.

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;53186]As Anchorman puts it bluntly…[I]One word. Unsympathetic. [/I]
Ditto. Lets use this forum for more pertinent topics relating to the maritime world.[/QUOTE]