American Companies In Manila Philippines

Does anybody know of any American shipping companies that have offices in Manila, I will be there from
Sept. 6th 2010 to Sept. 20th 2010. I am an AB Unlimited and STCW for RFPNW, lifeboatman, Not on my STCW yet is the HAZWOPER 24. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

captblighe

thumps up for your article, great post…

[QUOTE=captblighe;41617]Does anybody know of any American shipping companies that have offices in Manila, I will be there from
Sept. 6th 2010 to Sept. 20th 2010. I am an AB Unlimited and STCW for RFPNW, lifeboatman, Not on my STCW yet is the HAZWOPER 24. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

captblighe[/QUOTE]

If you’re thinking of coming here an finding a job and shipping out, I suggest you come up with a new plan. There a tons of maritime manning offices here that supply seaman to companies throughout the world. The Philippines is the largest supplyer of seaman in the world, so while it might be possible, thou not very likely, to get hired, there’s stiff competion. Saleries are a lot less than what you would find in the States as well. As far as U.S. shipping companies here that would hire a US Seaman; not that I know of.
Check this: http://planetphilippines.com/migration/filipino-seamen-still-rule-the-seas-for-now/

Thanks for the information Jeffrox i guess this is going to be just a vacation, and when i return i will burn up the phone lines and the Internet searching for work, I only have two ports close to me that i can drive to easily; Miami and Tampa they’re both 3-4 hours away. Again thanks for the heads up.