Amazon Kindle International Edition - Read The Latest News & Blogs At Sea

Photo by Andy!

Very rarely do I see a product and rush o… Click HERE to read the full blog article.

This thing really does kick a$$. I was skeptical about it at first, reading a screen and all, but then Mom got one and I was completely blown away. It’s surprisingly easy on the eyes, almost looking like reading b/w newspaper.

I’ve never searched the web on it but I do know you can download books and newspapers right from the device. The best part is, if you’re a traveller and big reader you don’t have to lugg around a suitcase full of books.

The only downside is that the books are relatively expensive (approx. $9.99 I think) for those of us who get most of them for free from the library and you can’t share what you’ve read without giving up the device.

All in all a worthy investment if you’re into reading…

One gadget I fell in love with right out of the box :slight_smile:
Just wish I had known about the “new” international addition a month ago when I got mine :frowning:

[quote=nuthinfancy;19188]One gadget I fell in love with right out of the box :slight_smile:
Just wish I had known about the “new” international addition a month ago when I got mine :([/quote]

Funny, same thing happened to me. I just pre-ordered the International Version and plan on putting mine back in the box and giving it as a Christmas present.

I love my Kindle. Best present I ever got and now considered a “must bring” to the ship!!

Has anyone used it overseas yet? Was just reading up on Amazon and there are issues recharging via plugs, etc. if you don’t have your laptop. And what cover, i.e. Patagonia, neoprene, etc. have you tried?

I just got one before I went overseas to work in July (had not heard anything about international kind or I would have got one) and found out that my kindle would not download anywhere over there. Tried to download onto computer and then onto kindle but couldn;t get that to work either tho it is supposed to be possible. I do love that now I can carry enough reading material to last me the whole 3 month hitch but sure do wish there was a way to upgrade original kindle to be able to download from overseas!