Advice needed

I’ve been an Environmental Well Driller for over 27 years. I 've always wanted to work on tugs or on the water in the NY Harbor. I’m 53 but work harder than most 30 year olds. Weather doesn’t bother me. Whats the best way to get my ass in the door? I know its not easy. I have my TWIC and MMC. Should I knock doors down? Call first? Any advice much appreciated! No sticks please!!

here we go again…

can someone else take this guy down for me please?..my stomach a giving me fits right now

[QUOTE=markrl;90050]I’ve been an Environmental Well Driller for over 27 years. I 've always wanted to work on tugs or on the water in the NY Harbor. I’m 53 but work harder than most 30 year olds. Weather doesn’t bother me. Whats the best way to get my ass in the door? I know its not easy. I have my TWIC and MMC. Should I knock doors down? Call first? Any advice much appreciated! No sticks please!![/QUOTE]

Thank you… I have seen this information. I was looking for more local information from people working in this area

Should be some kind of fliter, your not allowed to post until you have read ALL the fng posts and questions.

Hey numb nuts, do a search and read ALL the new guy posts and questions. And trust me, I’m being a hello of a lot nicer than most guys on here will/would be.

You must have all of your documents in order before even thinking of applying for a job up here in NY. I am referring to BST, STCW, and such. You can head to the Local 333 Union Hall on Richmond Terrace and speak with them. Entry level OS positions are not common. McCallister is non union…they may be an option for you. PM me and I will try to help in any way I can. Good luck to you.

Nice reply 888 to the fellow sailor good on you "G’ day