Adriatic

Any information on this company. I have searched the forum and there is limited info on them.

Nice boats, mostly newer stuff, I don’t think any of the boats are more than 10 or 12 years old. Average pay, benefits, not a bad company. Little bigger company than a mom and pop outfit, have 2 friends who worked there, and both were satisfied.

Where are they out of? Or what’s the full company name. I googled it and got nothing.

Raceland, La. A little hard to find and no web site. Pretty boats.

Adriatic Marine
3916 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA
Just 3 miles down the road from my place.

Claudette L. Pitre
A Chateau on the Bayou
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA
(985)537-6773
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...21896531157165

From my understanding, Adriatic uses the hire service companies on a regular basis. So when they need somebody they usually fill the spot quickly. Best way to get on is like most places, right place at the right time, and be ready to go.

[QUOTE=cappy208;98660]Where are they out of? Or what’s the full company name. I googled it and got nothing.[/QUOTE]

Cappy,

The name would be Adriatic Marine out of Raceland.
I called and spoke with some yesterday and he stated they use a hire service (headhunter) and the spots are filled through them. Wouldnt tell me the name of the company though

Try those hire companies in Mobile, I know a sea mate of mine was hired through Sea_____? I can’t remember the whole name.

[QUOTE=fisherjason;98846]Try those hire companies in Mobile, I know a sea mate of mine was hired through Sea_____? I can’t remember the whole name.[/QUOTE]

Those are the headhunters who require the mariner to assign his first paycheck to them (which is against the law). I wonder if some manager at Adriatic gets a piece of the action kicked back from the headhunter.

I’ve never used a hire service, but the one that hired my buddy a few years back would get his whole check, keep 30% or so and write him a check for the remaining money on his pay check. I don’t remember how many installments he made, but he said it was better than being unemployed. It added about 4-5 business day to every pay period for him, and it wouldn’t surprise me if someone did get a little kickback from those hire contracts.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;98870]Those are the headhunters who require the mariner to assign his first paycheck to them (which is against the law). I wonder if some manager at Adriatic gets a piece of the action kicked back from the headhunter.[/QUOTE]

He does, they all do. That’s part of the scam they got going on.

So with that knowledge in hand I would encourage anybody looking to avoid Adriatic.

Seaport marine. They are jokes never found me work