Able Seaman on Foreign flagged drillship

I hold a 1600grt domestic 3000itc tonnage Masters license and AB unlimited,will this allow me to work on a Foreign Flagged Vessel operating in the Gulf of Mexico or do I have to have some kind of conversion done to my MMC (AB) to work on the ship,Thanks

You will need a seamans book from flag state but that is easy and usually done with assistance from company.

The company should arrange for your seaman’s book/endorsement/license when they hire you. I have US, Marshall Islands, and Vanuatu.