AB to Mate question, and a couple of others

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;119999]Maine Maritime Academy has a 2-year program that gets you an Associates Degree in Small Vessel Operations, a 200 ton Mate license, and an AB Limited.[/QUOTE]

SUNY Maritime has a two-year program for Mate 500 Tons, but it requires participation in the cedt regiment. The 2-year Mate 200 and 4-year Mate 500 Ton programs at Maine Maritime are non-regiment.

That 500 ton program is now 500 or 1600 tons based on the sea-time you acquire over your three summer work cooperatives.