AB Seaman

I currently attendend a Course where all the requirements for OS have been completed and the paperwork will be filed. I was previously in the US Navy with 4 years aprox. of Sea Time. What process do I follow to upgrade to AB Unlimited or AB Limited? Or can I just submit the the verfying Sea Service with the paperwork for OS and automatically be upgraded?

Thanks,
JAG

[QUOTE=jagrgv;132417]I currently attendend a Course where all the requirements for OS have been completed and the paperwork will be filed. I was previously in the US Navy with 4 years aprox. of Sea Time. What process do I follow to upgrade to AB Unlimited or AB Limited? Or can I just submit the the verfying Sea Service with the paperwork for OS and automatically be upgraded?

Thanks,
JAG[/QUOTE]

That would be a good question to ask the school that you just attended

You also might google USCG NMC and then go to checklists. Find the checklist for AB and you will find the answer

[QUOTE=jagrgv;132417]I currently attendend a Course where all the requirements for OS have been completed and the paperwork will be filed. I was previously in the US Navy with 4 years aprox. of Sea Time. What process do I follow to upgrade to AB Unlimited or AB Limited? Or can I just submit the the verfying Sea Service with the paperwork for OS and automatically be upgraded?

Thanks,
JAG[/QUOTE]

Yes your sea service may qualify you for able seaman limited, and possibly unlimited. I went from os to ab unlimited due to my sea service as a master of documented fishing vessels combined with time on unlimited vessels as an os.

[QUOTE=seacomber;132427]Yes your sea service may qualify you for able seaman limited, and possibly unlimited. I went from os to ab unlimited due to my sea service as a master of documented fishing vessels combined with time on unlimited vessels as an os.[/QUOTE]

Tugsailor,

To go the next level of AB did you have to take a test or just submitt your paperwork? I have taken all the Basics Required. How did you go about the process? I appreciate your information.

Thanks,

JAG