A question

If i am licensed to operate a commercial ship as a third mate such as bulk carriers, tankers, container ships, and i wished to buy my own boat maybe a 40 ft motor yacht or work on a super yacht would i have to take more courses and if yes, which ones.

You don’t need anything to buy and operate your own yacht for personal use.

Correction Robert…You don’t need anything but money!:smiley:

You are already qualified as 100 ton Master. You do not need a license to operate your own vessel up to 200 tons, or upgrade to 2nd Mate and do the 1600 ton Master crossover . Those are you options.

I stand corrected Shellback. And man are you right about that!!!

even in international waters?

Yes, US laws would be applicable on a US vessel in international waters.