A bew Memeber

[QUOTE=Native_Texan;27702]AS a new memeber to this forum I feek like I should introduce myself.
My Name James Boever and yes I was the original deveopler of maritimeeemwploymnet,com and for abot 10 years I ran that dog and pony show. I will answer any question as hoesntly as I cans.[/QUOTE]

First I read this sober, then I downed a couple PBRs (what the hell, they’re cheap) and then I read this post again. I can’t understand it any better, but damn if it didn’t shift from pathetic to funny.

[QUOTE=ollie;30867]Don’t you mean ‘Memeber’?[/QUOTE]

No, pretty sure he meant [I]member. [/I]Its still spelled that way as far as I know. Is this another one of those inside jokes from a previous thread? I remember Capt Robs’ “Metal” but dont recall any “memeber”.

And impeccable… as far as this James B guy, you didnt even have to mention the ego part when he starts out the very first post with “and yes I was the original deveopler of maritimeeemwploymnet,com” as if someone had asked. Cant tell what he went to jail for in that link but I guess it’s not really my business anyway. It is nice to have a heads up about people like that though(the ego part, not the jail part. I know tons of really good guys who have gone to jail at some point at least once. I’ll plead the fifth on that one)

And judging from his writing I’m betting he obviously wasn’t the editor or any kind of QC at the website

[QUOTE=ollie;30868]First I read this sober, then I downed a couple PBRs (what the hell, they’re cheap) and then I read this post again. I can’t understand it any better, but damn if it didn’t shift from pathetic to funny.[/QUOTE]

Darn, and I thought you were fix’n to say it wuz start’n to make sum cents.

[QUOTE=10talents;30882]Darn, and I thought you were fix’n to say it wuz start’n to make sum cents.[/QUOTE]

Thought ya done found you a transslattor eh 10 ?:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Shellback;30884]Thought ya done found you a transslattor eh 10 ?:)[/QUOTE]
Yep, maybe he should drink 3 mo and read er again.

[QUOTE=SailorDaniel;30877]No, pretty sure he meant [I]member. [/I]Its still spelled that way as far as I know. Is this another one of those inside jokes from a previous thread? I remember Capt Robs’ “Metal” but dont recall any “memeber”.

And impeccable… as far as this James B guy, you didnt even have to mention the ego part when he starts out the very first post with “and yes I was the original deveopler of maritimeeemwploymnet,com” as if someone had asked. Cant tell what he went to jail for in that link but I guess it’s not really my business anyway. It is nice to have a heads up about people like that though(the ego part, not the jail part. I know tons of really good guys who have gone to jail at some point at least once. I’ll plead the fifth on that one)[/QUOTE]

I guess I was so distracted by the “bew” I didnt even notice the “memeber”

… I really didnt imagine someone could spell the ENTIRE title wrong…lol

Now that I’ve said that though I’m sure I’ll be the first to do it again and invite a barage from the 30 or so human spellcheckers on here(I’m guilty of that too)

[QUOTE=SailorDaniel;30877]No, pretty sure he meant [I]member. [/I]Its still spelled that way as far as I know. Is this another one of those inside jokes from a previous thread? I remember Capt Robs’ “Metal” but dont recall any “memeber”.

And impeccable… as far as this James B guy, you didnt even have to mention the ego part when he starts out the very first post with “and yes I was the original deveopler of maritimeeemwploymnet,com” as if someone had asked. Cant tell what he went to jail for in that link but I guess it’s not really my business anyway. It is nice to have a heads up about people like that though(the ego part, not the jail part. I know tons of really good guys who have gone to jail at some point at least once. I’ll plead the fifth on that one)[/QUOTE]
No doubt you’re right, but I don’t think that James Boever is one of them. :slight_smile: He’s got a long, consistent criminal history. It’s not like he had some minor youthful indiscretions and learned his lesson.

I confronted him on the message board we both frequent, campidiot.com. He claimed he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon and that he broke parole by beating up his parole officer for accusing him of being a “druggie”. He said he never did drugs and a couple of minutes later someone reminded him that he’d posted about smoking pot. But that’s just another little lie.

At any rate, I’ve got his arrest record from the Texas Department of Corrections site. He’s been arrested a number of times in the state of Texas.

10/01/1972 - Mason County. Larceny (theft). Convicted. Sentenced to 5 years. Paroled.

09/10/1983 - San Patricio County. Driving with a Suspended License (DWLS). Ticket plus court costs.

08/16/1988 - Corpus Christi (Nueces County). Two counts of Felony Larceny (theft). Convicted. Sentenced to two concurrent 6 year sentences. Paroled.

09/02/1990 - Pasadena (Harris County). Class B Misdemeanor Larceny (theft). Convicted. 10 days in county jail.

He was on parole for the two felony charges when he got convicted of the misdemeanor charge in 1990. It took the state of Texas parole board a while to catch up with him because the criminal database wasn’t as integrated as it is now, but they did eventually catch up with him. A white warrant was issued and he was picked up in Brazoria County.

Who knows, maybe he did straighten his act up and ran an honest business. But I would be skeptical of anything that he’s had his hands in.