605 days finally got my TWIC card!

So it took the geniuses at TSA 605 days to approve me, I applied March 14, 2008. Since that time I have written countless emails and letters to the Fredericksburg address to find out what’s going on. The only headway I made was when I found and wrote the director of the whole program, the next day I got a phone call from a program manager. To cover their tracks they said they received my info on like October 1, 2009. So since being out of work since April 15<sup>th</sup> my position has already been filled so I am back to square one trying to find work, I was with the company for about 12 years and with this economy they are downsizing and since I haven’t worked since April, I am a prime candidate to be one of the downsized. Working just fine and dandy and basically lost my job because they couldn’t get there stuff together. I hope this never happens to anyone else. I am broke and on the verge of bankruptcy. Granted I may have had some background issues but not 605 days worth. I did find online that someone had mentioned that a bunch of applications had gotten deleted out of the system; I am assuming I was one of those lucky ones.

Good Lord.
I can’t even find words to express anything, other than my opinions about how f’d up our government bloat has become – and it’s not “changing” in the least, imho.

Lordy lord.
Wouldn’t it be the case of under staffing of the public service that would cause processing delays as opposed to bloat.
As usual, another half-assed attempt to try to draw a correlation between current governmental inefficiencies (delays due to low staff levels due to low funding due to insane spending elsewhere due to previous conservative administrations policies etc etc etc) & government bloat ( us guys with the money want to do what we want & have no rules & ain’t it great we’ve conned Joe Blow with bullshit rhetoric to believe we will take care of the working guy).
You Yanks are amazing

And while I’m here.
TWIC is one of the repercussions of the US pushing/barging ISPS through IMO.
We in other countries have had to put up with ISPS crap for years.
ID cards with the associated checks & non-compliance penalties, all the pointless vessel related ISPS crap…
You wanted it, you got it!!!

Good luck resurrecting the US reputation in the Marine, industry let alone elsewhere.

[quote=buccag;20885]
You wanted it, you got it!!![/quote]

Yes, you’re right.

You’ve obviously noticed that we here at gCaptain forums are wholly and heartily in lockstep with the current trend toward more regulations, but only so long as they accomplish nothing, and only to the extent that they make everyone’s life more interesting. It is also helpful if we just open wide and let them pour the bitter down our throats. One recalls Orwell and Huxley.

Thank you for being so insightful. We appreciate the perspective of our brothers across the water from time to time.

name of vessel

I never thought I pass, but it challenge me. Its just like sailing, when I started to sail for the first in the far east. It made me wonder, what it will be on the other side. So I never stopped, till I reached the other side.
Again I made thoughts of the North and South, it did not fail.
So that the challenge that I faced when I signed in. In so many times
that I was denied due to my failure in verification. Did not make me quit,
instead it incourage me more. It is because I wanted to join my brothers in profession, who are here already. When finaly I was accepted, it made me feel alined to all the succesful seafarers who are here. I wished Im not too late to join here.

most excellent!!the classic debate of the dog with two heads arguing with itself over who got to lick it’s butt!!

[QUOTE=Capt C.Delany;20872]So it took the geniuses at TSA 605 days to approve me, I applied March 14, 2008. Since that time I have written countless emails and letters to the Fredericksburg address to find out what’s going on. The only headway I made was when I found and wrote the director of the whole program, the next day I got a phone call from a program manager. To cover their tracks they said they received my info on like October 1, 2009. So since being out of work since April 15<sup>th</sup> my position has already been filled so I am back to square one trying to find work, I was with the company for about 12 years and with this economy they are downsizing and since I haven’t worked since April, I am a prime candidate to be one of the downsized. Working just fine and dandy and basically lost my job because they couldn’t get there stuff together. I hope this never happens to anyone else. I am broke and on the verge of bankruptcy. Granted I may have had some background issues but not 605 days worth. I did find online that someone had mentioned that a bunch of applications had gotten deleted out of the system; I am assuming I was one of those lucky ones. [/QUO
How can I email the adjudication center I am going through a similar process and I feel that TSA isn’t doing their job