200 ton upgrade?

I am considering upgrading to a 200 ton license. My question is “other than tugboats, what jobs can I expect to get with a 200 ton license that I can’t with a 100 ton?”

Other than small passenger vessels and crew boats what jobs can you get with a 100 ton license?

You can’t get a job on a tug without a mate or master of towing anyway…

Why does everyone want a 200-Ton? And why does everyone ignore the fact that a 200-ton is useless on a tug? Banging my head against the console!

[QUOTE=westmaui;157541]I am considering upgrading to a 200 ton license. My question is “other than tugboats, what jobs can I expect to get with a 200 ton license that I can’t with a 100 ton?”[/QUOTE]

You can’t get a tug job with a Mate or Master 200 Tons, you need either a 500 ton or more license, or mate/master of towing vessels.

[QUOTE=westmaui;157541]I am considering upgrading to a 200 ton license. My question is “other than tugboats, what jobs can I expect to get with a 200 ton license that I can’t with a 100 ton?”[/QUOTE]
A 200t used to give you 500t itc. It may still…that would help to run a crewboat overseas. Looking back, I wouldnt have bothered with the 200t and should have gone straight to 500t.

[QUOTE=Ctony;157560]A 200t used to give you 500t itc. It may still…that would help to run a crewboat overseas. Looking back, I wouldnt have bothered with the 200t and should have gone straight to 500t.[/QUOTE]

Licenses (officer endorsements) are GRT only, STCW is GT only. You will need an STCW to operate internationally, and I’m not sure the former inclusion of 500 GT on the license would make much difference. Most vessels that are just under 200 GRT are over 500 GT.