1600 Ton Mate upgrade to 3M

Recently approved to test for 1600 ton mate NC/OICNW 3000ITC. Modules are the 500/1600 Ton mate under old rules. After reading old threads it seems that if an individual tests on these modules after 2002 then when it comes time to upgrade to 3M unlimited there is no testing required. After speaking with my evaluator; they inform me that this is not true and I would have to retest on all the modules in order to upgrade to 3M unlimited once the appropriate sea time is acquired. I’m trying to give this particular evaluator the benefit of the doubt but it seems they are confused every time I speak to them. Has something changed with this rule? Anything in CFRs pertaining to this?

[QUOTE=ItsJody;191203]Recently approved to test for 1600 ton mate NC/OICNW 3000ITC. Modules are the 500/1600 Ton mate under old rules. After reading old threads it seems that if an individual tests on these modules after 2002 then when it comes time to upgrade to 3M unlimited there is no testing required. After speaking with my evaluator; they inform me that this is not true and I would have to retest on all the modules in order to upgrade to 3M unlimited once the appropriate sea time is acquired. I’m trying to give this particular evaluator the benefit of the doubt but it seems they are confused every time I speak to them. Has something changed with this rule? Anything in CFRs pertaining to this?[/QUOTE]

I love that name. I got a good laugh out of that one.
For folks out west someone needs to make a handle ‘ItsSancho’ too.

I would be interested to know the answer to this also…I was under the same impression (that no further testing would be required) but I have been told by two people who I consider to know their stuff, that is not the case…all the modules have to be retaken on an increase of tonnage.

I also asked if I could be approved for the 3M modules instead since they’re essentially identical but was told this was not a possibility due to me already being approved…