011 deck general and deck safety modules now on 500 ton master?

I finally have received my 500 ton masters license letter to test but instead of the normal 6 modules I have 7 modules an extra kicker 011x1 deck and navigation genereal + deck safety? I am looking at lapware right now and this is a unlimited license module? Could this have anything to do with me asking for a 3000 ITC extension on my license? If its not suppose to be there is it as simple as talking to the evaluator and getting him to remove it?

edit: (I have found that this is the 2m to master NMT 1600 GRT supplement test.)

Did you ask for oceans?

Negative just my 3000 itc extension for the oil field. I just got off the phone them and they said I have to take it but couldn’t give me a reason when I told them there deck guide said this module didn’t apply to me.

[QUOTE=orangejulius;58444]I finally have received my 500 ton masters license letter to test but instead of the normal 6 modules I have 7 modules an extra kicker 011x1 deck and navigation genereal + deck safety? I am looking at lapware right now and this is a unlimited license module? Could this have anything to do with me asking for a 3000 ITC extension on my license? If its not suppose to be there is it as simple as talking to the evaluator and getting him to remove it?

edit: (I have found that this is the 2m to master NMT 1600 GRT supplement test.)[/QUOTE]

011x1 is not an unlimited module. It isn’t required for any unlimited licenses. You are correct that it is the exam to go from 2nd Mate to Master 1600 GRT. It is also part of the “limited” exam authorized in 46 CFR 11.418(b) for someone with master of towing vessels going for master 500 GRT. It is not part of the “full” set of exams for master 500/1600 GRT, and normally would not be given to someone taking all of the modules for master 500 GRT or master 1600 GRT.

I sat for the 500 ton Master, NC in early Nov, and that module was given to me also. I called my evaluator about it and was told, yes you must take this module. (011x1) I too saw it was for unlimited licenses and that is why I called the NMC. I was wondering if that module is given because it is the only module w/ 70 questions that mentions Deck General and Deck Safety on the cover page? My test had questions like LHA when sighting Venus, and Great Circle and Mercator sailing, stability questions like running your 860 ft vessel 106 ft up on a sand bar, where is your center of gravity. Not really questions I would expect for a “small” 500 ton, Near Coastal license. By the way, Lapware is how I studied that module, squeaked by with a 76 %. Good luck to you on your test.

Just got off the phone somehow they have a problem with there system and that module is NOT suppose to be on your test! that module is a cross over supplement module for 2nd mate going to 1600 ton master.