Young Bros - Hawaii

Anyone familiar with day rates at Young Brothers HAWAII for AB/2nd Mates/Tankermen?

I see that they are looking for 2nd mates again and wonder if they don’t pay for transportation to Hawaii to work?

[QUOTE=c.captain;181414]I see that they are looking for 2nd mates again and wonder if they don’t pay for transportation to Hawaii to work?[/QUOTE]

They just put an engineer ad up too.
I hear they don’t pay for travel.

ain’t it some shit that joe boss could come on here and learn a hell of a lot about employee retention at their company and from other’s??? isn’t it way cheaper to retain good people vs. constantly hire new ones?

They dont pay shit. os in new york makes 2nd mate wages at young bros. When i interviewed a few years ago they said no travel pay and the schedule was equal time but you had to work it out with your relief and most people worked 3-4 months straight so they didnt have huge travel costs. You can literally set your calendar to the young bros ad for 2nd mate position. It must be awful cuz they advertise every 6 months. No thanks.

[QUOTE=z-drive;181418]ain’t it some shit that joe boss could come on here and learn a hell of a lot about employee retention at their company and from other’s??? isn’t it way cheaper to retain good people vs. constantly hire new ones?[/QUOTE]

I work for an outfit that gives the “benefit of the doubt” to people who deliberately put oil over the side. Whattaya think about that shit?