Yet another reason not to carry cargo that speaks

Man falls from cruise ship, found clinging to buoy

[B]Monday, June 15, 2009 [/B]
	  		  	     [RIGHT][B]  [](http://www.baynews9.com/Chat.cfm?event=evtAddThread&ThreadTypeId=1&ContentId=484881)[/B][/RIGHT]

<hr>

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) – A man who fell from a cruise ship Monday morning was rescued after he was found clinging to a buoy, nearly three hours after he went overboard.
According to reports, at 4 a.m. Monday, Larry Miller, 46, fell overboard from the Carnival Inspiration as it was returning to the Port of Tampa.
The crew of a pilot boat found Miller clinging to a buoy in the shipping channel near the Sunshine Skyway shortly before 7 a.m.
Miller was taken to the Fort DeSoto boat ramp, where an emergency vehicle picked him up and took him to Bayfront Medical Center. He was treated for minor injuries.
A spokesperson for Carnival said Miller fell overboard when he climbed on a railing to get a better view of a boat as it passed by. He slipped, then fell overboard.
The Coast Guard is investigating the incident.

He could be a potential Steve Erwin crew candidate!

[quote=Capt_Anonymous;13938][B]Man falls from cruise ship, found clinging to buoy[/B]

<HR>
[B]Glad I wasn’t on watch yesterday…[/B]

Nauticart, was that your ship in the story?

[B]Shellback,[/B]

[B] No, I’m a watchstander in Vessel traffic. :frowning: miss going offshore though.[/B]

[quote=NAUTICART;14018][B]Shellback,[/B]

[B] No, I’m a watchstander in Vessel traffic. :frowning: miss going offshore though.[/B][/quote]

That’s right, I recall you mentioning that before…Are you looking to go back sometime soon?

[B]I would like too, trying to see all the paper work I have to get together now, also my lisence is expired and I’ll probebly have to start from scratch. :([/B]
[B]Now that my dog is gone I’m not tied to keeping on-shore job.[/B]