Yeah, yeah...I know there is a political message in this post

and I apologize that there is, but I cannot help but take an opportunity to give a massive shout out to a muse of c.captain’s for many a decade and a source of inspiration to this curmudgeonly acerbic soul. Ed Asner asks a producer at Fox News if he can piss on the guy!

//youtu.be/XEgOSw8Vr5k

Ed, when you are dead and turned to compost, you can rest knowing that others have remained behind to carry on your fine standard. You have taught me well oh great sage…I have learned from the master and it has been you Captain Lou Grant! My pissing skills would be nothing without your fine and knowing tutelage. I thank ye sincerely!

btw, if anyone has seen the 1993 short title “Down on the Waterfront” with Asner as the infamous ILWU leader Bobby Gleason and Jason Alexander as a young PR man then you know what a classic that one is for the ages! “It’ll be cheaper to just go and kill the bum!”

[QUOTE=c.captain;90399]and I apologize that there is, but I cannot help but take an opportunity to give a big shout out to a muse of c.captain’s and a source of inspiration to his curmudgeonly acerbic soul. Ed Asner asks a producer at Fox News if he can piss on the guy!

Ed, when you are dead and turned to dust, you can rest knowing that others have remained behind to carry on for you.[/QUOTE]

PERFECT - a one word reply doesn’t fly on the forum, so, again, PERFECT.

Well seeing how you brought this up I just can not help myself. These Flaming Assholes in Hollywood think they walk on water. They are all for knocking anyone that does not agree with their point of view and think that the “Rich” are evil. Well here is my idea, why don’t these asswipes put their money where their mouths are and start redistributing their wealth to the masses? They love to preach to everyone but still think that THEY deserve the millions that get fro reading a script that was written for them, but someone that worked building a business is a evil capitalist!

Sorry for the Rant I guess I am not over our last election.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;90402]PERFECT - a one word reply doesn’t fly on the forum, so, again, PERFECT.[/QUOTE]

Ah…a fellow commie traveler eh? I certainly could not help but notice the similarities between yourself and the great King Edward!

If I end up looking like him by the time I am 83, then I will be a proud man…bald and ugly, but proud!

I wonder if I can get Mr. Asner to leave me his eyebrows in his will?

[QUOTE=c.captain;90412]Ah…a fellow commie traveler eh?[/QUOTE]

You know me?

[QUOTE=c.captain;90412] I certainly could not help but notice the similarities between yourself and the great Edward! [/QUOTE]

Thank you, Sir

[QUOTE=c.captain;90412]If I end up looking like him by the time I am 83, then I will be a proud man…bald, but proud![/QUOTE]

I saw the short production (about a half hour in length) back in the mid 90’s. I tried to purchase a copy for my movie collection but had no luck. The last time I tried was several years ago. It’s about time I try again. Ed was superb as Bobby Gleason (let’s not get into this), only Lee J. Cobb (On The Waterfront) could be as good but I doubt it. No one but Ed could get this one over.

IMO, we should not get into current politics on the forum. It will make for bad feelings, we all have different ideas of what is going on, as we should. Our opinions are based on our personal experiences, taught prejudices, potty training and dna, plus intelligence.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;90418]IMO, we should not get into current politics on the forum. It will make for bad feelings, we all have different ideas of what is going on, as we should. Our opinions are based on our personal experiences, taught prejudices, potty training and dna, plus intelligence.[/QUOTE]

I’m with you fellow IWW brother! Let’s not stir up the rabble too much with such subversive talk. It was just fun to bring out the ole pointy stick and put a flag on it to wave in tribute the a rare man who says what he means and means what he says!

Here’s a drink to you Ed!

[QUOTE=c.captain;90419]I’m with you fellow IWW brother! Let’s not stir up the rabble too much with such subversive talk. It was just fun to bring out the ole pointy stick and put a flag on it to wave in tribute the a rare man who says what he means and means what he says!

Here’s a drink to you Ed![/QUOTE]

I could have added, after my words [I]plus intelligence[/I] cultural inheritance, but I didn’t, until now.

[QUOTE=Tugs;90411]Well seeing how you brought this up I just can not help myself. These Flaming Assholes in Hollywood think they walk on water. They are all for knocking anyone that does not agree with their point of view and think that the “Rich” are evil. Well here is my idea, why don’t these asswipes put their money where their mouths are and start redistributing their wealth to the masses? They love to preach to everyone but still think that THEY deserve the millions that get fro reading a script that was written for them, but someone that worked building a business is a evil capitalist!

Sorry for the Rant I guess I am not over our last election.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

[QUOTE=SouthernBornOhioBurned;90431]Thank you, thank you, thank you.[/QUOTE]

Don’t let the door hit your do-da ass on your way out. No one will stop you this time.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;90435]Don’t let the door hit your do-da ass on your way out. No one will stop you this time.[/QUOTE]

A man who plugs his ears can not hear reason.

Once again I would like to apologize for my Political rant. As S-n-G said this is not the place for discussions like this and I should have kept my trap shut.

This is a great place (Most Likely the Only Place) for Real Merchant Mariners to come and be able to communicate with other Real Mariners. Face it guys most of us are or started out as Misfits. As the old joke says You Don’t Have to be Crazy to Sail for a Living but is Sure as Hell Helps.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a Safe Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas.

Come on guys…This goes against John’s “Prime Directive”.

On the same note…The crew I sailed with my last 3 years ranged from Che to Attila. We all lived by that great philosopher Rodney King! LOL! I’d pit them against any crew I ever sailed with. (with the exception of the cook)

[QUOTE=injunear;90442]Come on guys…This goes against John’s “Prime Directive”.

On the same note…The crew I sailed with my last 3 years ranged from Che to Attila. We all lived by that great philosopher Rodney King! LOL! I’d pit them against any crew I ever sailed with. (with the exception of the cook)[/QUOTE]

I’m confused but it’s early. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Tugs;90440]Once again I would like to apologize for my Political rant. As S-n-G said this is not the place for discussions like this and I should have kept my trap shut.

This is a great place (Most Likely the Only Place) for Real Merchant Mariners to come and be able to communicate with other Real Mariners. Face it guys most of us are or started out as Misfits. As the old joke says You Don’t Have to be Crazy to Sail for a Living but is Sure as Hell Helps.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a Safe Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Neat post, Tugs, yea, who would take the beating I got in SERE if said person wasn’t a tad nuts and stubborn.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;90435]Don’t let the door hit your do-da ass on your way out. No one will stop you this time.[/QUOTE]

A man who plugs his ears can not hear reason.