Who is Seacor buying?

Anybody have any ideas

I have heard GOL but don’t believe it. They are stocking up on people for something

Well if they were buying somebody wouldn’t they just keep the guys already there? Sounds silly to stock up on people to buy boats with people already on them.

And didn’t I hear a while back that ABs were having to work even time due to them tying up some boats?

You are right about all of that. Doesn’t make any sense to me. One of the new guys on our boat went to the secor in house safety thing and the higher ups conducting the class confirmed they were buying somebody. Maybe they are buying somebody with some new builds coming out. Maybe they think people would quit when they have to come down to seacors wages.

I hear it’s HOS!

Seacor is not going to pay the wages that HOS is paying.

Haven’t heard a thing.

how bad are the wages at Seacor ?

We just got a raise. Captains are about at 6. Abs are just under 3

[QUOTE=tony tony tone;80974]how bad are the wages at Seacor ?[/QUOTE]

Somewhere close to a decade behind

Site that you’re most likely going to need to use shall be to essentially make use of the simple steps to cut out each one of the potential distractions which can be inside your life. It is usually mega essential that you debris no more of energy just start removing stuff like all your video games from home. . Berries Attributes African Mango Prior to deciding to obtain virtually any herbal supplement, contemplate long-term benefits. African mango slimming pill is usually a plant based dietary supplement that’s been employed by your indigenous folks in Cameroon. These folks depended on these leaves to reduce cravings for food any time food stuff appeared to be hard to find. So it can be distinct that this nutritional supplement works. The seedlings components of African mango are what have been put in a form of a pill by doctors today. When you take the pill before you eat, your current hunger is usually diminished to help you eat less food at intervals of meals. Cameras and lenses Mango Plus Summary . Not waste time And funds Which Pear Coupled with Lectronic Lastly One might Make Various Crucial A diet Issues with Camera Mango Weight loss pills The original Gear Pear Is Find a Cutting edge Purposeful Technique for Loss of weight African Mango ; The utmost The loss Wizardry A perfect Photography equipment Apple Plus in Assessment

I heard it might be Harvey Gulf.

Hello, everyone , very cool forum. my website: dzień matki prezenty

[QUOTE=CaptB;80940]Well if they were buying somebody wouldn’t they just keep the guys already there? Sounds silly to stock up on people to buy boats with people already on them.

And didn’t I hear a while back that ABs were having to work even time due to them tying up some boats?[/QUOTE]

I would think quite the opposite. The boats can not run themselves. It would look more desirable to buy them if they were already crewed. Frontier Drilling did something similar just before they sold to Noble. They filled all positions with warm bodies. It did not matter who as long as they met “minimum” requirements. Promised the sun and the moon with the wages. Even with the word on the streets about the buy out, their HR would not tell the truth to potential Frontier employees. Within a few months of being hired, many people took a huge pay cut and were stuck for quite some time, before they could find anything better. Luckily I was not one of them.

This is Seacor’s MO. Buy someone out and run their boats into the ground. Even when they build something new, it is garbage. Look at those Anchor boats they built in Mobile, AL. Brand new boats that can not work in Deepwater with 20 year old equipment design. No one with any marine knowledge helped design those boats. Absolute garbage. Definitely some under the table dealings where someone’s pocket was being filled. No other way to explain it.

The 4 best looking Seacor boats are run by ECO. If that doesn’t tell all you need to know just look around at their gear in Fourchon.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;81023
This is Seacor’s MO. Buy someone out and run their boats into the ground. Even when they build something new, it is garbage. Look at those Anchor boats they built in Mobile, AL. Brand new boats that can not work in Deepwater with 20 year old equipment design. No one with any marine knowledge helped design those boats. Absolute garbage. Definitely some under the table dealings where someone’s pocket was being filled. No other way to explain it.[/QUOTE]

Hey Capt Lee:
For what its worth, I dont agree with the first part of your statement, Seacor Holdings has purchased many companies and assets since 1989 (I was there on and off 1989-2008). A lot of the assets they ended up with were critical to their core operation: making money. I never witnessed them purposely run any asset into the ground, on the contrary, we were always well supplied: Mr Fabrikant and his team might work in seemingly mysterious ways but there is always a solid bottom line driving their decisions. I guess that’s why our wages were never the highest and why the corporation ended up with a fleet of tankers, harbor tugs, supply boats, spill response boats, helicopters, and even a Wall Street based commodities trading company!

As for the Flex Class boats (the ones built in Mobile AL), I worked on the commissioning of those as well as captain on a couple of them. I agree that they were not the best design, but I dont think it was under the table sort of stuff, just typical non-maritime corporate office space types getting too involved in the design. They were fine for some aspects of their job but not so much for anchor handling. The length to beam ratio made us roll a lot, esp on the south atlantic run b/w Rio & Luanda.

Anyway, for people considering a job at Seacor I would strongly recommend them: I spent many happy years there and I recognized it for what it was: a large multinational corporation with many business arms operating at a profit through every boom & bust cycle. Their wages may never be the best but their checks never bounce and there are unusual opportunities; most of my coworkers were real professionals, not the usual GOM coon ass types. If anyone wants further information (OK propaganda ) feel free to PM me.

Pretty well sums up why I’ve been here so long. After the first 10 years, you get used to the mystery in some of the moves.

Seacor has been good to me. I really like the crew Coordinators and office staff

I think it could be Gulfmark