Who are these guys?

I always thought the 5 families of the Bayoo did everything they could to keep new companies from encroaching on their turf

[B]Jackson Offshore signs $100 million deal with BP[/B]
By WorkBoat Staff
10/1/2013

Jackson Offshore Operators has signed a multiyear agreement worth over $100 million with BP America for the chartering of two Jones Act deepwater platform supply vessels.

The Squall and the Lightning will be 252’x60’x25’3" vessels equipped with a complete Rolls-Royce system package including Azipull propulsion thrusters, tunnel thrusters, a low voltage front end diesel electric system, an Acon automation and an Icon dynamic positioning (DP-2) system. The PSVs, which are underway at BAE Systems in Jacksonville, Fla., should be ready for service in 2015.

“This contract represents long term employment for many mariners and their families. This is yet another great example of BP’s commitment to America and the Gulf of Mexico,” said Lee Jackson, chairman and CEO of Jackson Offshore. “We have had a good working relationship with BP for a number of years and are excited to see our relationship grow with the signing of this agreement.”

In March, Jackson Offshore exercised an option with BAE Systems for two more Guido Perla & Associates-designed PSVs, bringing the total number of vessels on order with BAE to four. The first of these PSVs is scheduled for delivery in May 2014, and the second vessel is scheduled for delivery in September 2014.

Thats larry rigdons new company. You have to dig to find his name but hes listed as special advisor, IE the money man, to lee jackson the owner.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;121748]Thats larry rigdons new company. You have to dig to find his name but hes listed as special advisor, IE the money man, to lee jackson the owner.[/QUOTE]

After all the noise after him starting Rigdon Marine you’d think that the families would shut him down from doing that again but the man is the consummate insider in the offshore and obviously a force to deal with in the Bayoo.

Well, good for him!

Is this Jackson part of the old Jackson Marine that operated out of Morgan City back in the day?

There was some relationship going on with Rigdon and their crew boats back when that division was getting up and running. The boats were owned by Rigdon and operated by Jackson or vise versa or some bare boat charter or financing or something. Then Jackson kind of splintered off with some of the boats. Then Rigdon sold to Gulfmark, now this.

That company is owned by Lee Jackson. He’s a ship pilot on the Mississippi River for the NOBRA pilots from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. He originally partnered with Larry with some crew boats but later started Jackson Offshore.

I think Larry’s son works there as well. I could swear I saw his name mentioned in an article one time.

He owned some old Junkers from TDW. The Chesty Puller and the Douglas MacArthur. Had some sort of disadvantaged business owner grant. In bed with Larry and got a couple of his crew boats. I remember those boats at texaco in Morgan City. They performed so badly that texaco just left them standing by. Everyone else had to cover their slack.

[QUOTE=cmakin;121767]Is this Jackson part of the old Jackson Marine that operated out of Morgan City back in the day?[/QUOTE]

No, your talking about Hugh Jackson. It’s not that Jackson Family.

It was the old HOS Bold Ruler and one other and the name escapes me. Yes they were garbage and the big T laughed all the way to the bank on that sale.

It was the Bold Ruler, and the Gallant Knight. Tidewater was 40% owner. There was an article in Workboat about it, back then.

[QUOTE=captrob;121794]He owned some old Junkers from TDW. The Chesty Puller and the Douglas MacArthur. Had some sort of disadvantaged business owner grant. In bed with Larry and got a couple of his crew boats. I remember those boats at texaco in Morgan City. They performed so badly that texaco just left them standing by. Everyone else had to cover their slack.[/QUOTE]

I believe he received a minority business grant.

[QUOTE=captrob;121794]He owned some old Junkers from TDW. The Chesty Puller and the Douglas MacArthur. Had some sort of disadvantaged business owner grant. In bed with Larry and got a couple of his crew boats. I remember those boats at texaco in Morgan City. They performed so badly that texaco just left them standing by. Everyone else had to cover their slack.[/QUOTE]
I remember that, I was on a Seacor boat doing a spot job out of the Texaco dock.
The guy who bought thoes boats was ex-army and had been a logistics guy for Exxon Mobil.
TDW held the paper on the boats. He had nothing to do with the old Jackson Marine.

Lee Jackson owned the crew boats and Rigdon operated them…He kept his when Rigdon sold…Mathew does work with Lee now along with a couple from the old Rigdon company.

[QUOTE=Capt.D;121919]Lee Jackson owned the crew boats and Rigdon operated them…He kept his when Rigdon sold…Mathew does work with Lee now along with a couple from the old Rigdon company.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Lee sold his crew boats and the (2) boats they have now (Fury and Storm) are owned by Larry Rigdon and operated thru Jackson Offshore. In a nutshell, Larry Rigdon is the man with the money and contracts behind all of these boats. From what I was told the new boats all have contracts with Shell, BP and Chevron. The whole management team there is ex-Rigdon Marine guys with the exception of Lee Jackson.

I talked to Mathew a couple weeks ago…he’s stoked about the new boats…