Which 500/1600 Deck class school?

I attended MPT’s 500/1600 deck class some months ago & I believe that it was a total waste of my time & MONEY! I have attended many classes over the past few years at MPT however this was a total disappointment and A RIP OFF! Everyone I have spoken with since feels the same as I. I am testing next month after months of study and another deck class in Louisiana. I feel I have acquired the skills and knowledge to pass the six tests WITH ABSOLUTLY NO HELP FROM MPT or the so called instructor for that class! Don’t get me wrong; I am a fan of MPT, however this class and instructor is not like any of the classes I have attended. Every person I have spoken with since that time has had the same impression as I.
[B] WHAT’S YOUR OPINION? [/B]

Since you haven’t taken the test yet how are you qualified to judge whats a “good class” and what’s not?

Get off of the internet and go study.

True. Life. Story.

Your right, that course was a rip off

While I’m not of a fan of the instructor for that class at MPT. I was able to pass my 1600 ton test the first time. I didn’t study before or after the class, I just took the class and then went to test.

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;130793]Since you haven’t taken the test yet how are you qualified to judge whats a “good class” and what’s not?

Get off of the internet and go study.[/QUOTE]

• 26 certifications from the USCG each with a preparation class at MPT and two other schools and over 30 years as a professional mariner qualifies me to have [U][B]an opinion.[/B][/U] My view is not based on my great knowledge of maritime schools and the classes they offer; it is based on 100% of the professional mariners who I have discussed deck classes with who have attended MPT and [B]other schools[/B].

• I study every waking minute that my boat is in dock and I am not on watch as well as during my time off at home. I have done so for the past few months and I intend to continue until I have the 1600 ticket in my hand. I also intend to do what I can to inform my fellow mariners so that they do not make the same mistake that I and many others have made.

As you said BLOODY SHIT CAKES, back to the books!

I took that class last spring and it was a lot of help for the terrestrial exam, which is what that class is for. The teacher was ok not the best. Nothing is better then sitting down and grinding threw the study material.

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;130793]Since you haven’t taken the test yet how are you qualified to judge whats a “good class” and what’s not?

Get off of the internet and go study.[/QUOTE]

Bloody Shit Cakes, You seem to be an expert on most every subject that has to do with the maritime business. Rather than your usually matter of fact statements; how about some advice on what is a good class?
By the way, you can leave out the F word; that does nothing to disguise your identity! Get my drift? If the shoe fits, wear it.