Where do you draw the line?

I’m sitting with some quite senior people at a very major Supply Boat operator, and I couldn’t resist running this by them . .

They said:

1. They’ve all experienced and delt with similar situations. (As have I)
  2. It’s a heath and sanitation issue.
  3. Send a formal letter to the Company Safety Officer detailing this as a sanitation and health issue
  4. If Management will not deal with it, then under your authority as Master, you should discuss this with him directly, following all requirements for written documentation. If he can not or will not address it, then send him to the Office - If the Company doesn’t like it, contact USCG.

[QUOTE=Captain Electron!!;26880]I’m sitting with some quite senior people at a very major Supply Boat operator, and I couldn’t resist running this by them . .

They said:

1. They’ve all experienced and delt with similar situations. (As have I)
  2. It’s a heath and sanitation issue.
  3. Send a formal letter to the Company Safety Officer detailing this as a sanitation and health issue
  4. If Management will not deal with it, then under your authority as Master, you should discuss this with him directly, following all requirements for written documentation. If he can not or will not address it, then send him to the Office - If the Company doesn’t like it, contact USCG.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Warren? He would just throw the guy on the back of his Harley and after he hit 120 mph, that do would probably keep the guy from flaking for a week or two.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;26832]It is not Psoriasis or Eczema. This guy is a medical curiosity. They hold seminars so doctors from around the world can study this guy. I am serious this guy is horrible. Really what can I do?[/QUOTE]

Sit down with him and tell him he’s lucky he doesn’t have to deal with priapism like you do.

[QUOTE=dougpine;26911]Sit down with him and tell him he’s lucky he doesn’t have to deal with priapism like you do.[/QUOTE]

Doug you need to post again…you’re sitting at 666.

He’s playing the Devil’s advocate there…

[QUOTE=dougpine;26911]Sit down with him and tell him he’s lucky he doesn’t have to deal with priapism like you do.[/QUOTE]

LMAO,…damn, which would be worse, sharing a cabin with a guy who is losing his skin or one who cant get rid of his wood…?

Actually he wasn’t there . . He would say get a bowl and milk . .

Unleash it on Pasha . .

My first night in the room and there are globs of prescription strength cream all over the room. On the desk top, the hand rails on the chair, on the medicine cabinet, on the toilet seat. I hope they serve beer in hell.

Keep up the emails and we’ll suffer with you…can’t you find any other accomodation? Lazerette? Steering gear room?

Now that’s a good read. Exact opposite of manoverboard.

Is it bad that this thread has over 600 views?

this guy has NO respect for his fellow workers, i would not show him any back, file a formal complaint in writing,this is a health hazard,if that does not work you might want to try coming to work in a bio-hazard suit just to make a point

Capt. Lee, what does the guy say about it when approached? Does he not recognize that it is an “issue”?

Defensive. Doesn’t recognize that it is an issue. Has an answer or excuse for everything. Will deny or flat out lie when confronted. It is not a good situation, but it is not brought up daily. I pretty much just have to live with it until I get to point where I can not take it and then I bring it up to my boss. It has made it to the office in the past. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to deal with him for a while, since he will be opposite of me in the future, but every time I work over I will be in the same room with him on opposite watches.

It sounds like you have been at that point, and if it the office has previously been informed of the situation it would seem that you should act on it immediately. The more they hear about it, the more pressure they will be under to correct the situation. Remember it IS a safety issue.

Good luck-- send the office a complaint, signed by all your shipmates

damn…I thought it was bad the companies i worked for had to send out memos
about …showering…these are for grown-ups!!!..

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;26977]Defensive. Doesn’t recognize that it is an issue. Has an answer or excuse for everything. Will deny or flat out lie when confronted. It is not a good situation, but it is not brought up daily. I pretty much just have to live with it until I get to point where I can not take it and then I bring it up to my boss. It has made it to the office in the past. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to deal with him for a while, since he will be opposite of me in the future, but every time I work over I will be in the same room with him on opposite watches.[/QUOTE]

I would teabag his mouthwash just for the hell of it.

naw just clean the head with his tooth brush

he is probably rubbing his balls on you pillow.or the skin flakes is distracting you from noticing the buggers he is wiping on your blanket.