Where Did Your Username Come From?

I own one of these.

An Ibanez Jem 77FP.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;107580]I own one of these.

An Ibanez Jem 77FP.[/QUOTE]

Now that’s something to be proud of.

[QUOTE=Left Coast;107560]I’m curios about the user names “Bloodyshitcakes” and “Yeasty McFlapps”.
Mine I believe self explanatory.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know who “Yeasty McFlapps” is but the other day I heard someone shout “Your mother could open a bread factory!” which I thought was pretty clever…

Steve VAI would approve …

BargeMonkey sounds just a little better than “tank trash”. I came from the tug’s, never wanted to come up here, but a few kids to feed and a wife in college made my decision. I had never seen any real feuding between the bargeman and the tug crews until I came here, which until the ATB’s became the majority it was still manned barges. So one day i had to come up with a new email address, and figured why not embrace it, and its better than “woodchuck” or “hillbilly”.

My Dad bought me a 13’ jetboat with a 90 hp 2 stroke for running up & down the river when I was 14. I loved that little thing.

223 was my dream rifle caliber.

I rode in my first RHIB boat in the navy. It was a 7 meter Willard. Built like a fuckin tank. I fell in love and have been obsessed ever since. My profile pic is of a Formula 1 Race Rib designed and built in Scandinavia. The company is Raven Ribs. That boat is a deep V twin stepped hull that’ll do over 90 mph with twin 350 Verados and Revolution 24 props. My friends all poke fun at my “rubber” boat obsession. My hot wife’s b day is 8-8-80.

Created my screen name while in the middle of an 8 year turn in the frac boat business. Now the captain and I are on a regular mud boat, but it’s a nice new 300 footer. Maybe we will be able to pry another well stim contract out of Gary’s hands one day soon.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;107602]Created my screen name while in the middle of an 8 year turn in the frac boat business. Now the captain and I are on a regular mud boat, but it’s a nice new 300 footer. Maybe we will be able to pry another well stim contract out of Gary’s hands one day soon.[/QUOTE]

“Missah Gary” as Nicky Collins affectionately refers to him :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite engine order.

I want to know the story behind “SomalianRoadCorporation”. At first I thought he had to be a troll from some international scam organization because of the name but he seems to be legit. That makes me all the more curious!

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;107562]I thought of changing mine to <Clean White Boiler Suit> but that’s too long and seems to have been all ready spoken for.[/QUOTE]

Now S-n-G I gonna have to call B.S. on that one. From what I now about you the only time you have had a clean boiler suit is the first day you ever wore it.

My user name come from the fact of a poor kid hawsepipping his way from working old ragged wooden hull shrimp boats all the way up to getting that unlimited chiefs license. I like to stay annomous so I figuerd to not use my real name and use the name my late grandfather used to call me. That comes from the RobRoy legend of Scotland, he called me Rob and my brother Roy, even though neither of which are our real names.

Plus the name Diesel and a few others I liked were already taken on here.

I got real creative and shortened my names to make one…

We crew changed by helicopter to arrive on the boat which was low on groceries. After a couple of hours, the AB comes up with a plate of fried fish.

AB: Try these, I just cooked them.
Me: I didn’t think there were any fish in the walk-in.
AB: We don’t have any.
Me: Where did these come from?
AB: You know those fish that were on the deck?
Me: The flying fish?!?
AB: Yeah. Don’t worry, I only picked up the ones that didn’t have wrinkled eyes. You’d swear I served you a pogey poboy.

Got out of the Corps a few years back, recognized the irony of Marine and Mariner and punched it in.

[QUOTE=Tugs;107583]Now that’s something to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

I got lucky, it was the mid 90’s and anything related to shredding was out in a big way. Convinced my parents to combine my Birthday and Christmas presents so they would get it for me, still was only $600. At 15 I quickly became spoiled having one of the best guitars ever made.

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;107630]Now S-n-G I gonna have to call B.S. on that one. From what I now about you the only time you have had a clean boiler suit is the first day you ever wore it.[/QUOTE]
:smiley:
You and me both, Chief ~
The happiest crews, in my experiences, were on the ships where both the Deck and Engine worked with their hands and got dirty. Those T-2 Tankers come to mind.

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;107633]My user name come from the fact of a poor kid hawsepipping his way from working old ragged wooden hull shrimp boats all the way up to getting that unlimited chiefs license. I like to stay annomous so I figuerd to not use my real name and use the name my late grandfather used to call me. That comes from the RobRoy legend of Scotland, he called me Rob and my brother Roy, even though neither of which are our real names.

Plus the name Diesel and a few others I liked were already taken on here.[/QUOTE]

“ChiefRob” fits you well, Chief. I can not imagine a better user name for you. You have done well, Chief, and have my sincere respect.
RobRoy ye say - Looks like you might be another Celt, like me.
Are you scrappy?

Being that a lot of folks here work in the bayou, I thought something with swamp in it would be cool.

I’m from South Carolina. Now I live in Florida, which might as well be another country in some areas…Swampfox was the nickname given to Francis Marion during the American Revolution. He was a bad dude, credited with early guerilla warfare. I didn’t serve in the military, but thought the name was appropriate for me.