Show off your captain stamp

No please don’t. That’s just pathetic. I’m only bringing this up because I found a letter that was sent to the office. Just under the signature was a stamp. The top line read “CAPTAIN” then underneath was his name. Then below that was something like “USCG licensed master and unlimited DPO”, and in the corner was a little fouled anchor.

Maybe I’ll get one that says “3rd captain” and below that it will say “primary operator of coffee maker and laminating machine” with a little crossed mop and broom.

[QUOTE=pogey-poboy;133338]No please don’t. That’s just pathetic. I’m only bringing this up because I found a letter that was sent to the office. Just under the signature was a stamp. The top line read “CAPTAIN” then underneath was his name. Then below that was something like “USCG licensed master and unlimited DPO”, and in the corner was a little fouled anchor.

Maybe I’ll get one that says “3rd captain” and below that it will say “primary operator of coffee maker and laminating machine” with a little crossed mop and broom.[/QUOTE]

Must be boat trash. Love it when they think that “Captain” really is something. He probably has that as a tramp stamp tattoo right about where the whale tale from his thong rides. Thanks for making my world a little more sad.

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;133339]Must be boat trash. Love it when they think that “Captain” really is something. He probably has that as a tramp stamp tattoo right about where the whale tale from his thong rides. Thanks for making my world a little more sad.[/QUOTE]

I bet he is listed in the white pages as Capt., too. . . .

1 Like

[QUOTE=pogey-poboy;133338]… The top line read “CAPTAIN” then underneath was his name. Then below that was something like “USCG licensed master and unlimited DPO”, and in the corner was a little fouled anchor.

…[/QUOTE]

Sure, the stamp seems over the top but mariners, captains & C/E in particular sometimes deal with a little subtle theater.

[QUOTE=pogey-poboy;133338]No please don’t. That’s just pathetic. I’m only bringing this up because I found a letter that was sent to the office. Just under the signature was a stamp. The top line read “CAPTAIN” then underneath was his name. Then below that was something like “USCG licensed master and unlimited DPO”, and in the corner was a little fouled anchor.

Maybe I’ll get one that says “3rd captain” and below that it will say “primary operator of coffee maker and laminating machine” with a little crossed mop and broom.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Buddy Christ,

Thanks for the good laugh!

Does that douche also have scrambled eggs on the bill of his hard hat while also wearing shoulder boards?

I once saw a full Captain’s uniform hanging in the back seat of some ones car. Complete with gold epilets and white shoes on the seat. I can only imagine they changed into it at the gas station before pulling into their neighborhood

[QUOTE=skycowboy;133353]I once saw a full Captain’s uniform hanging in the back seat of some ones car. Complete with gold epilets and white shoes on the seat. I can only imagine they changed into it at the gas station before pulling into their neighborhood[/QUOTE]

The association between a working person wearing a uniform and being a snob or whatever is prevalent in the U.S. In many other countries people in uniforms is not seen the same way

I worked with a guy once who had his name legally changed to “Captain.” You make the call!!!

Obviously there is a place for the ship’s stamp for master & chief, less so on smaller vessels but definitely necessary IMHO when foreign regardless of vessel size. I could see (and have seen) having one for yourself if you were involved in signing a lot of evaluations/toar’s etc, but I’d just have my name/address/mariner # no other nonsense.

Uniforms are a whole 'nother topic, could make for a good discussion.

I guess this would work though:

I give him two thumbs up. There is a women named Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta better known as Lady Gaga.

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts, -Shakespeare

There is a difference between the entertainment industry and the marine industry, although the line does seem to get foggy sometimes. Also, I am disturbed that you know Lady Gaga’s real name!!

[QUOTE=Number360;133361]There is a difference between the entertainment industry and the marine industry, although the line does seem to get foggy sometimes. Also, I am disturbed that you know Lady Gaga’s real name!![/QUOTE]

It would be tough to make the argument that things like a persons demeanor, dress and manner don’t matter. These things can be consciously managed The fact that some people manage their image ineptly or unconsciously doesn’t invalidate the concept.

It took me 0.46 seconds to learn Lady Gaga’s real name.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;133362]It would be tough to make the argument that things like a persons demeanor, dress and manner don’t matter. These things can be consciously managed The fact that some people manage their image ineptly or unconsciously doesn’t invalidate the concept.

It took me 0.46 seconds to learn Lady Gaga’s real name.[/QUOTE]

Baby, you were born this way! Or as they sometimes say, don’t be a drag, just be a queen!

[video=youtube_share;wV1FrqwZyKw]http://youtu.be/wV1FrqwZyKw[/video]

No wonder kids today are so FUCKED UP! What I want to know is when are these bitches just going to go topless and be done with it!

EMMEFFING POP ENTERTAINMENT THESE DAZE is PURE EXCREMENT!

Justin Beiber?

Miley Cyrus?

Lady Gaga?

Katy Perry?

ALL ARE PURE SHIT AND I WON’T EVEN TOUCH MODERN COUNTRY MUZAK!

What on earth happened to our music from the 60’s and 70’s?

Now where are those Creedence tapes of mine?

[QUOTE=c.captain;133366]No wonder kids today are so FUCKED UP! What I want to know is when are these bitches just going to go topless and be done with it!

EMMEFFING POP ENTERTAINMENT THESE DAZE is PURE EXCREMENT!

Justin Beiber?

Miley Cyrus?

Lady Gaga?

Katy Perry?

ALL ARE PURE SHIT AND I WON’T EVEN TOUCH MODERN COUNTRY MUZAK!

What on earth happened to our music from the 60’s and 70’s?

Now where are those Creedence tapes of mine?[/QUOTE]

That bitch Justin Beiber is topless all the time; you just won’t get off this forum long enough to see what’s going in the world that exists outside GCaptain.

Wow! This went way off track in an unexpected direction. I fear that I have single handedly ruined the day for someone.

[QUOTE=pogey-poboy;133380]Wow! This went way off track in an unexpected direction. I fear that I have single handedly ruined the day for someone.[/QUOTE]

Ruined? Nay, says I! How terrible pop-culture has gotten is one of the few things that us sailors can really strongly bond over!

Doesn’t that just make us old?

What’s the average age of the USMM these days? About a hundred and seven? Same shit, different donkey.

A friend of mine has a closet full of uniforms, but he was a dinner boat/yacht captain for a few years.