What's the difference?

[QUOTE=Slick Cam;174915]They are quick to regale you with stories of their vaunted Captaining, though. Until they inevitably ask you what you do. Then ask you what license you have? Then the frantic backpedaling begins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lots of 6 pack licenses in Galveston. . . and lots of head boats and smaller. . . you can tell who by looking in the phone book, too. . . most are listed as Captain. . . .

[QUOTE=jdcavo;174871][QUOTE=cajaya;174832]A 6 Pac license is the smallest deck license possible…QUOTE]

Depends on how you measure “small.” …

There is also a Limited OUPV.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what convenience store you are sailing through…

[QUOTE=cmakin;174948]Yeah, lots of 6 pack licenses in Galveston. . . and lots of head boats and smaller. . . you can tell who by looking in the phone book, too. . . most are listed as Captain. . . .[/QUOTE]

hahahahahaha.

some of that in my neck of the woods too

Isn’t there some license for launch operator, or even smaller like auxiliary launch operator? i think I might qualify. Really.

[QUOTE=+A465B;174979]Isn’t there some license for launch operator, or even smaller like auxiliary launch operator? i think I might qualify. Really.[/QUOTE]

The launch operator license is, I believe, “Master Limited” which has no tonnage limitation on it but is limited to a specific operation and/or geographic region.

[QUOTE=+A465B;174979]Isn’t there some license for launch operator, or even smaller like auxiliary launch operator? i think I might qualify. Really.[/QUOTE]

I qualified for a Launch Ticket at KP. . . even had to pass a “driving test” with a launch with one of those “fore and aft” tillers. . . not that I used it more than about two times. . .

Well if you really wanna be technical about it like that, then I guess the safe boating certificate is the smallest possible qualification.

[QUOTE=cmakin;174984]I qualified for a Launch Ticket at KP. . . even had to pass a “driving test” with a launch with one of those “fore and aft” tillers. . . not that I used it more than about two times. . .[/QUOTE]

Ah the vaunted “coxswain of the monomoy” ticket. AKA lifeboatman. Out oars sir. May we add that title to our phone book listings?

[QUOTE=cajaya;174986]Well if you really wanna be technical about it like that, then I guess the safe boating certificate is the smallest possible qualification.[/QUOTE]

And some people are even reckless with the coveted motor boating license… shame, shame…[ATTACH=CONFIG]4325[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=KPChief;174996]Ah the vaunted “coxswain of the monomoy” ticket. AKA lifeboatman. Out oars sir. May we add that title to our phone book listings?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this wasn’t one of the monomoys. . . . not sure if they had the power launches much longer. . . or even getting that launch ticket. . . personally, I would put “Lifeboatman” in my phone listing, if I was listed. . . . “swing oars together!”

you mean able does not mean able to get out of work?

Maybe he forgets where he is in the scheme of things. He needs to do what he is told or get off the ship.