Want to be interviewed?

Anyone in the Puget Sound area interested in being interviewed by a Seattle times reporter?
He wants to do a Sunday Magazine piece,basically a meet your local mariners type thing

1 Like

Lol so the fake news media can bend the story? Sounds like a great idea! Cmon!

Yeah, definitely don’t even try to get your views out there! To the beach - let’s just scream at the wind!

3 Likes

Send me an IM. I’d like to speak to him.

1 Like

Yes, I am interested. I’m an AB and SUP member. How does this work?

What is the definition of fake news media? I understand the tabloid news which one sees checking out at the market. That is sensational crap to sell paper to people, hopefully for amusement only. But the “fake news media”? That’s a broad term.
Could someone provide a list of this media and explain what makes it fake?
Seattle Times has been around for over 100 years and has won Pulitzer Awards . Pulitzer Awards are not given for false reporting.

8 Likes

Be prepared to describe and validate why there aren’t 50% females and 50% minorities being Captains…

1 Like

Except for the NYT and WAPO…

2 Likes

Nope, not the story being written, ut since you’re too cowardly to take part, just move on

Also both long known high quality sources.

2 Likes

Anything Trump supporters don’t agree with is “fake news”.

8 Likes

Not exactly. According to what I recently learned the term has been used for over 100 years by yellow journalists and conspiracy promotors. The Trump folks just made the term popular. Its a way to deflect attention from facts. A friend of mine, retired from an intelligence service, explained the claim of fake news is great for dividing a country’s citizens which makes the country more vulnerable and less able to mount a defense. I thought that was funny as back in the day we could recognize BS and propaganda. His reply? You didn’t have Facebook, Youtube etc . A lot of people believe BS nowadays simply because they see it on a computer or cell phone. Imagine a country who only reads tabloids then multiply that by a few million

5 Likes

That may be but the only time I heard the term before Trump was referring to literal “fake news” when people (usually conservatives) would share a satire article and people would have to point out to them that it’s fake.

2 Likes

Yes, I also thought it was a recent term. I find it amusing. Sooner or later everyone wil be accussing the other of fake news.

Thanks for the education! Let’s see now. You can propetuate a proven lie, suck on it’s tit and get dispensation…as long as it’s anti-Trump…I sure miss $1.49 gas…

3 Likes

What proven lie?

Yeah, one thing the pandemic lockdowns were good for was cheap gas. I think I’d rather not go back to lockdowns just for low gas prices though, don’t you agree?

1 Like

Without blinders on, it was all around RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!..But now we have PUTIN PUTIN PUTIN!..lgb…

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the proven lies…

4 Likes

Best lay in provisions. You’re in for a long (read infinite) wait.

I look at this web site if I want to learn what bias a news organization has and how accurate they are.

2 Likes