Voyage Planning Software

[LEFT]A friend emailed me today asking what software most people use to do their vayage planning. Last time I did a major new Voyage Plan I used Waypoint For Windows but there must be a better solution.

Any ideas for him?
[/LEFT]

Don’t a lot of ships just use their ECDIS software now? The last ship I was on was paperless, so we didn’t plot anything, and the voyage planning (waypoints, courses, etc.) was all done on the ECDIS.

Good point… believe it or not, I’ve never sailed on a ship equiped with ECDIS.

Hi John,
I’ve done a couple with the TRANSAS ECDIS - it’s pretty good.
MTSKIER

Our ECDIS was Kelvin Hughes…it was alright - I like the TRANSAS system better - easier to use, more user friendly, better controls with the TRANSAS.

Hello to all!
Why not try BLM-Shipping, it is really a free professional voyage planning software!
Ø Generate voyage route automatically, and then edit route using position book. Finally, generate voyage plan.
Ø Automatically calculate voyage route including way points, join points, routing points etc.
Ø Calculate ETA, ETD and steaming time based on speed, port time etc. Inputs, or calculate speed, port time and steaming time based on ETA and/or ETD inputs.
Ø Change routing point on the e-map.
Ø Use position book to insert/modify/delete way points on voyage route, in the same time edit ETA, ETD, Speed, Great circle line / rhumb-line of a way point.
Ø Use bunker manager to generate bunker plan of a voyage.
Ø View and export voyage plan report as Excel file.

Download link: http://www.boloomo.com/common/download.action

[QUOTE=john;11059]Good point… believe it or not, I’ve never sailed on a ship equiped with ECDIS.[/QUOTE]

I sailed with sextant for my first 24 years at sea until 1995. But, John you look so young in the picture and never used Ecdis.
Can’t believe it. Now even Seiner’s using it.
Yeah, for Voy planning Ecdis is the best. I liked Nobeltec.

[QUOTE=boloomo;37645]Hello to all!
Why not try BLM-Shipping, it is really a free professional voyage planning software!

Download link: http://www.boloomo.com/common/download.action[/QUOTE]

Hi everyone, did anybody downloaded and tested this software?