USCG letter: Shore-side employment in lieu of Sea Service

Does anyone have a sample letter to the USCG regarding shore-side employment? I’m in the process of renewing my license and need to submit a letter in lieu of sea time.

Thanks for your help!

Good morning,

Below is a copy of the letter I sent in with my renewal. It has to be on a company letter head, the dates you worked there and what your job was. I hope this helps. Good luck

Commanding Officer
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comUnited States </ST1:p</st1:country-region>Coast Guard
National Maritime Center, NMC-5

[LEFT]<st1:Street w:st=“on”><st1:address w:st=“on”>100 Forbes Drive</st1:address></st1:Street>.

<st1:City w:st=“on”>Martinsburg</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st=“on”>WV</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st=“on”>25404</st1:PostalCode>[LEFT]<st1:PostalCode w:st=“on”></st1:PostalCode> [/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Re: B[/B] marine-related shoreside employment toward her license renewal.

Dear Captain Anthony S. Lloyd:

B[/B], mariner # [B]XXXXXX[/B], has been employed as a USCG-approved Deck courses instructor at Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy from [B]Dates[/B]. Her valuable instructing was in courses involving the navigation and the safe operation of vessels under U.S. and STCW-95 regulations and guidelines. Please credit this marine-related shoreside employment toward her license renewal.
[LEFT][/LEFT]
<O:p[LEFT]

Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you have any questions or if I may be of any assistance, please contact me.[/LEFT]

Sincerely,

<O:p

Vice President of Academic Affairs

Stargazer, thank you very much for your help! Much appreciated…