Union Crewed FSV

I am consulting on a job and the client wants an FSV but will only hire union boats. Any idea where I can find a union FSV?

FSV as in a state of the art fast supply boat built in the last 10 years, or an 80s era crewboat that can loosely be called an FSV?

Also, what location geographically?

I need a boat that’s fast and can carry at least 4 trucks. Each truck is 55’ bumper to bumper. East coast or GOM.

Doesn’t have to be fancy.

I know of two union companies that have ‘FSVs’ under 140 ft on the left coast. Doubtful they have the deck space you need.

I’m unaware of any east coast/gulf coast union companies with the kind of vessel you are looking for. Maybe there is and someone else can share.

It should be simple enough for any FSV owner to set up new union company to operate one FSV. The FSV can be bareboat chartered to the new union company for the duration of the contract. At the end of the contract the FSV is returned to the owner and the union company can be liquidated.

Alternatively, one of the union boat companies now providing services to your client could bareboat charter an FSV that meets your clients needs.

2 Likes

John,
I can assist with union boats, email me at drobi63@gmail.com