TSES diverts to rescue sailboat

Just heard report on parent’s FB page that there was a distress signal from a sailboat and the Empire State was the closest ship. Great learning experience for cadets if this is true.

Ribbons and warfare pins for all on board! They will be available at the ships stores next to the homework club ribbon, and air pistol marksmanship medal.

Good job if it’s true.

Looks like the seaass is a little butt hurt.

Something similar happens every couple of years. Not surprised.

Was that directed at me? I think it was. I’m not really sure why I would be butt hurt, but since you said I was, it must be true. Coming from such a distinguished mariner, your words cut deep. I can only think you were the leader of the pistol team. In that case, thank you for leading our distinguished college to the… Wait we didn’t win anything

Glad you learned to read. No, I was not on any type of team. Sounds like you were passed over for something and now you’re angry. Keep playing with your bathroom tug boat.

I have a bathroom tug boat, I would ask you to crew her, but I’m sure your not qualified. All that time you spent with the air pistol club as left you attitude poor and skills diminished. You have to be actively involved to be passed over for something, and I’m far from that. I’d rather spend my spare time getting a reaction out of you on an internet forum.

You need to get some originality there junior. You sound like some other person on here who likes to make similar comments about KP. Surely as a Domer you are well above that.

Nice. I remember hearing screams on the radio as a tanker collided with a fishing boat on my freshman cruise (first time out to sea). Sent chills down my back as it was calm, dark and very quiet before it happened. We were too far away to help, but hearing the chatter, coastguard, etc made for an interesting watch.

It is true .they speeded to get there but some other ship got there first

[QUOTE=catamabama;138359]Just heard report on parent’s FB page that there was a distress signal from a sailboat and the Empire State was the closest ship. Great learning experience for cadets if this is true.[/QUOTE]

Yes TSES got the call and turned hard to get to the sailboat. After several hours the call was cancelled so no the cadets did not get to rescue anyone.