Trump's Project 2025 wants to repeal the Jones Act

Whats new is the interest bill on your debt is getting closer to the total of tax receipts.
Having a big debt is not the issue, paying the interest is when the gdp is not increasing at the rate to pay it.
( The debt argument always needs to qualify internal and external, internal can go away easily, external cannot)

The good news is in the future in real terms the US shipping and crew might be cheaper than foreign cheap?

Stop hiring Republican presidents.

From Pro Publica:

“The growth in the annual deficit under Trump ranks as the third-biggest increase, relative to the size of the economy, of any U.S. presidential administration, according to a calculation by a leading Washington budget maven, Eugene Steuerle, co-founder of the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. And unlike George W. Bush and Abraham Lincoln, who oversaw the larger relative increases in deficits, Trump did not launch two foreign conflicts or have to pay for a civil war.”

1 Like

Lots of money went on the wuhan
Saying that Bidens debt increase will probably equal Trumps by the time Biden leaves office
2 terms of Obama created the biggest jump but over 8 years.

This is the dumbest line I’ve heard parroted for the last couple years. Any candidate that is elected is done so through a democratic process. Comments like this are completely devoid of common sense and choose to ignore the reality of the function of government through checks and balances.

What I find funny is that the party that claims to be the vanguard of democracy has lied to us for for a couple years about its leaders cognitive decline, and chose to run him through the electoral process anyway, and now that this process is over they are going to use the party to select its new candidate without being voted on by the people. That doesn’t sound all that democratic to me.

4 Likes

I don’t listen when Felon 45 is lying. I listen on the few occasions when he tells the truth. He said if elected he would be dictator on day one. Even Sean Hannity, his interviewer, couldn’t believe his ears, asked the same question and got the same response from Felon 45: he would be a dictator on day one.

I’m a student of history. History is full of strong men who say they will be a dictator—but just for a little while. Just a day or two. Just to straighten things out. And then they will relinquish their dictatorship. Trust me.

Sulla, Augustus, Napoleon, Lenin, Mussolini, Hitler, Pinochet, Castro. They never do. That’s the bitter lesson of history. Read Stefan Zweig.

Never in the history of the Republic has a president said they intend to be a dictator. Not for a day. Not for a moment. They would all find the idea disgusting and not fitting for an American.

The fact that millions of Americans are okay with someone boasting he will a dictator shows how strong the cult is with them. They could have voted any other Republican in to be their candidate, but it’s no longer the GOP. It’s Cult45.

The vote is between Felon45 and democracy. You may not believe that but I know which way I’ll vote.

4 Likes

That’s the way it was done for about 200 years of American history. Where were you in civics class?

Strangely enough in the USA you vote for a leader and get the party but in the Westminster system the rest of us live in you vote for the party and get the leader, who they can change any day of the week.

When do we get a good leader and a good party?

A good dictator can fix that lol
Might fix that issue to only allow citizens to vote but perhaps that the Dem idea of democracy, every one can vote.

The cult is strong with you.

Part of your cult investigated the election in Arizona. They could find no evidence of illegal voting. They reported that back to the cult. The cult refused to listen.

One of your your cult poohbahs Mike Lindell said he had proof postive of election fraud. He bet $5 million to anyone who could prove him wrong. Someone did. Lindell welched on the bet. Not paying your debts is kinda a thing with cult leaders.

Another cult leaderSidney Powell said she had a kraken’s worth of evidence of election fraud. Hell, she was Fox’s star source on election fraud. Only when her ass was hauled into court to prove it she said her only evidence came in a dream where a headless phantom talked to her.

Sheer nuttiness. Look it up. All true. But to look it up you’ll have to leave the cult’s news silo. And you can’t do that because it would be betraying the cult.

4 Likes

This thread has strayed far afield. time to close it.

2 Likes