TRANSAS Help

I’d like to request that the moderator make a section for Transas help! This wonky software offers piss poor tech support. Well, it’s good so long as you can make a phone call and talk to someone about your problems. But I’d rather have an online forum for talking about it.

My problems.

1. Just installed a newer version of the software, 2.00.330. The route in question is an out and back along the same line. Route editor doesn’t complain at all. When I go to monitor the route, the route monitor complains about too sharp of a turn at WP 5, which is the 180deg turn at the far point. There’s plenty of sea room, so I could just add three more way points making a circle. But that’s silly.

2. When going out, then coming back along the same line, the headings appear on the chart directly on top of each other. It’s hard to see 090 and 270 super imposed ontop of one another. Lame!

Thanks a million,
drew
Valdez AK

Got it. Under Route Editor, find the WP in question. Scroll to the right to find the Turn Radius. The default was set in there as 0.15NM. I changed the turn radius to 0.0NM for that WP and was able to monitor the route no problem. Weird the Check on the Route Editor didn’t catch that as an error before I went to Monitor the route.