Torpedoed by the border wall

I disagree. I don’t think it has changed much since people first came to this land.

We need an emergency moratoria on legal immigration, refugees, and the types of visas most likely to be overstayed, until we can completely overhaul our immigration system, visa system, and get a good handle on reducing the incoming flow of illegal aliens.

We need a very smart merit based immigration system that works, like Canada’s. They don’t call it “Canada First”, but it certainly is. In theory, the Canadian system is based upon labor market needs, the ability to be self supporting and contrubute, and the ability and willingness to assimilate. We need the same thing in America, only with a much stronger anti-terrorism v e t t i n g.

We must always reserve the right to decide who we invite into our country, and for exactly how long. And we need to start making smarter decisions. When invited guests, or party crashers (illegal aliens) in our country wear out their welcome, we must always reserve the right to promptly and unceremoniously boot them out.

2 Likes

what we need are camps just like this one

once it becomes known that this is what awaits you in the USA no wrenched miserable soul will dream of trying to cross our border illegally nor apply for some VISA to take a job from a true bona fide Amerikan.

no need for that wall then…simply make it that you try to get in here and you are as good as a dead person walking then they won’t come!

but then having some illegals enter the US might not be such a terrible thing because once they are in the camps, our defense contractors could use these criminals to build munitions to make damned sure our Great Nation is fortified against all who dare challenge our Global Dominance!

2 Likes

If we are going to have a “catch and release” system. All the releases should be in Guam (where we previously housed 70,000 Vietnamese refugees, and more recently 6000 Syrians), or in far left Hawaii, or in Puerto Rico. All places inside the US where they cannot get on a plane without proper ID and money, and places where they will be much easier to find when they fail to show up for their immigration hearings.

Guam? Puerto Rico? Hawaii? all sunny and warm! I say Attu, Middleton or better yet Bogoslof for them. No need for any guards there

How do you lose someone wearing an ankle bracelet? My understanding is that 97% show up for their hearings.

1 Like

I don’t think they put them on immigrants making fraudulent refugee claims. At least 80 percent of those claims are denied. Probably 99 percent ought to be denied. Ankle trackers on children? I don’t think so.

When you have managed to protect yourselves behind walls and strict visa regulations you may feel safe for a while, but at what price??
No I don’t mean in $$$ but in terms of what it will cost you in goodwill and influence in the world.

Besides, who would want to travel to USA for tourism if they have to put themselves through the agony of a 3rd degree interrogation to obtain??
And which countries will allow American citizens to enter freely when their citizens are treated like potential terrorist when they arrive on American soil??

Well, I guess you wouldn’t need any icebreakers once you are holed up behind walls and barriers, actual, bureaucratic or artificial.

Perhaps you misread, I am not foaming at the mouth against the “wall” rather against those who oppose it and want open borders? Nothing unique here in the US. as Europe especially Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark (starting to come to their senses), France and the UK until recently, are importing almost recruiting massive numbers of N African and Muslim migrants for what purpose they are committing civilizational suicide is bizarre and inexplicable. The levers pulled must be by the globalist and western civilization destroying power brokers behind the curtain who stand to gain total power and wealth, but in a destroyed society what good is it. No other answer makes any sense.

2 Likes

Scissors, knife, hacksaw blade, or a sheet metal shear.

The cretin who robbed my house recently was actually wearing one during the crime. After looking directly into one of my security cameras and having that photo carried in every police car in town, he cut off the bracelet. Not the smartest crook on the street. He is behind bars now and most likely will be for many years to come.

Source on that 97%? Illegal immigrants don’t get fitted with ankle bracelets. Lets remove that from the discussion…

I can’t find it. Accordingly I withdraw the assertion.

but yet you seem to have no problem with illegal use of foreign labor that make their way here via land…so what’s the difference? Are our (maritime) jobs the only ones worth protecting? Are our wages the only ones worthy of not being undercut by foreigners willing to do the same job for much less?

Does illegal immigrants get fitted with ankle bracelets, or is that only for asylum seekers waiting for their hearing in court? If so they are not illegal immigrants, since it is legal to apply for asylum under both UN convention and US Law for anyone reaching your territory and in need of protection, which can only be determined by a court.

This confusion between who are refugees, asylum seekers and migrants appears to be just about universal. Anybody who sneak in illegally, overstay their visa, or do not leave when refused asylum under the UN Convention on Refugees, are illegal immigrants. Asylum seekers and those who have been granted Refugee status under the UN Convention are not.

BTW; those who employ illegal immigrants are as much at fault as those who seeks to fill a need for cheap labour. What is the punishment for the owners of farms, factories, hotels, or golf courses that knowingly employ illegal immigrants? If there are any, is it being enforced regardless of who the guilty party is??

It’s for brown people except for the those who work at one of the Cheeto’s golf courses.

2 Likes

I have never heard of ankle monitors being placed on illegal aliens. Maybe some have been, but its damn few compared to the 25 million illegal aliens in the US.

Asylum seekers with legitimated claims who present themselves to authorities at border checkpoints are legal.

Asylum seekers who sneak into the US are criminals. The fact that they seek asylum when they get caught does not change the fact that they are criminals that entered the US illegally.

Economic migrants who fraudulently and knowingly make false asylum claims are illegal aliens who are perpetrating a new crime in the US. Probably 90 percent of asylum seekers fit this category.

About 80 percent of all asylum claims are denied by the courts.

1 Like

No. None of them do. This is the kind of hysterical BS that muddies the waters.
People who cross the border without permission are asked to sign a piece of paper promising to appear in front of an immigration judge to rule on their case. The immigration courts are backed up for years. The majority of illegal border crossers are never seen again unless they are arrested after committing a crime. Most police forces refuse to cooperate with federal immigration law enforcement claiming that it’s none of their business if people are here legally or not.
They release them to the general population where they are free to continue committing crimes.

They are not as much at fault, they are completely at fault and screwing the american public. The “immigrants” are just looking for a slice or the “american dream”. Employers get a slap on the wrist and Congress turns a blind eye. I became aware of it in school in Southern California because children of illegal border crossers were showing up droves for a free education knowing only the Spanish language. Rather than assimilate, many formed gangs which spread like cancer. And the charade continues unabated.

PS I forgot to mention. The only ones signing a promise to appear are the ones apprehended. No one knows how many slip by without running into border patrol agents.

3 Likes

Being against the wall isn’t being for open borders. One does not mean the other.

Pardon my ignorance but which of our politicians have advocated for open borders. I do not recall one.

right now, we have open borders. If a politician is not actively doing something to remedy that, then by default they are for the current status quo which is open borders. Their actions (or non-actions) do the speaking for them.