Tidewater have bought two new boats

Read in previous posts that tidewaters newest boats were 10+ years old. Recent strong rumour has it that they have bought the FD reliable and FD incredible from fratelli damato an italian company.

If you hear us talking about the age of Tidewater’s fleet it’s usually in relation to the age of their US flagged fleet.

They are building, or it might already be built, a new boat the Cindy Tide but it will most likely go to Africa like everything else.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;76727]If you hear us talking about the age of Tidewater’s fleet it’s usually in relation to the age of their US flagged fleet.

They are building, or it might already be built, a new boat the Cindy Tide but it will most likely go to Africa like everything else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought TDW was building boats in China like nobody’s business and has basically abandoned the GoM to everybody else. Rather like J Ray McD, once the big dog here is now just a teacup Yorkie in the Gulf but still a player in the foreign offshore.

I heard through the grapevine they already or may have a couple of ice class OSV’s being built on the great lakes. Not sure if it’s for real might be in the left coast. Maybe someone can shed some light who works in either area. Of course they have built vessels in the dark before. Only slapping a name and colors on it just before launch. Makes no difference whatever they build always ends up going fur-in.

Cindy Brown Tide is still working in PF.TDW is buiiding two PSVs at BayShipbuilding in Sturgeon Bay, WI(have not heard much on thier progress) and one newbuild is started at their quality shipyard in Houma,LA

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?imo=9418547

The vessels are being built across Lake Michigan from me. They are a Polish design and polar classed…

rjbpilot, do you know if any construction photos exist of these vessels? The hulls should be entering final stages of construction if they list 4Q12 delivery. info seems hard to come by on these.

regards

This is all I have for now but I can check with some contacts I have over there…

Update: I had correspondence with the marketing/sales director at the shipyard. Tidewater has a policy with them about photos, so none are available during the construction phase.