This is interesting...Oceaneering charters from OCLLC

I have heard that this is a bareboat charter which will be a first for both parties but good on Oceaneering for not going back to Norway!

OCEANEERING CHARTERS CANDIES 309’ SUPPORT VESSEL

By WorkBoat Staff
10/9/2012

HOUSTON - Oceaneering International announced today it has entered into a five-year charter for use of the Cade Candies, a multi-service subsea support vessel owned by Otto Candies LLC. The charter is expected to commence during the second quarter of 2013, according to a press release. This U.S. flagged vessel was built in 2010. It has an overall length of approximately 309’, a Class 2 dynamic positioning system, accommodations for 69 personnel, a helideck, a 150-ton active heave compensated crane, and a working moonpool.

To be renamed the Ocean Alliance, the vessel will be used to augment Oceaneering’s ability to provide subsea intervention services in the ultra-deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Projects are expected to include chemical well stimulation and hydrate remediation. Hardware installations are expected to include umbilicals, subsea trees, flowline jumpers, flying leads, and manifolds, according to Oceaneering International.

Oceaneering’s current rolling, short-term charter contract on the Cade Candies, in place since November 2011, will continue through early 2013. At that time, the vessel will enter a shipyard to undergo modifications to enhance its project capabilities. While in the shipyard, Oceaneering’s two, high-specification, work class ROVs onboard the vessel will be repositioned and fully integrated into the vessel for more effective operations. The vessel will also be equipped with a satellite communications system capable of transmitting streaming video for real-time work observation by shore personnel.

Is it the one that needs more than 1600/6000 TM ?

No it only needs a 6000. Great boat, essentually same as the Ross Candies.

I’m glad they didn’t get a foreign boat but you can bet that being a US flagged vessel had nothing to do with it. It’s all about the dollars. C.captain, are you sure its a bareboat charter? That would not be Oceaneering’s style.

It is for sure on a long term bareboat. Candies crew will be leaving at the end if the year.

Actually the 2nd quarter 2013 is when it will be turned over. OC guys are not very happy about all this I’m sure.

But doesn’t OC have a new boat coming out about that time? Would let them just move the crew over to it.

At least in a perfect world that’s what would happen…

One for Brazil service I think.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;85122]But doesn’t OC have a new boat coming out about that time? Would let them just move the crew over to it.

At least in a perfect world that’s what would happen…[/QUOTE]

I think there will be closer to 3 new builds out by that time. 2 big OSV’s and the Wyatt, which is the big SAT boat going to Brazil. It is the sister to the Kelly Ann. only 20 feet longer

Where is this new SAT vessel being built? Not at Dakota Creek like the others? In Houma?

[QUOTE=c.captain;85179]Where is this new SAT vessel being built? Not at Dakota Creek like the others? In Houma?[/QUOTE]

There are 2 of them, both built at Candies ship yard in Houma. the Kelly Ann, is already in Brazil on the payroll, with a 5 year contract. The sister vessel the Wyatt is about 98 % complete now, last rumor they are crewing it it before the end of the year. It also has a 5 year deal in Brazil. They are keeping the American officers onboard both boats. Not sure aobut the dive crew probably Brazilizn though.

They are pretty much sister hulls to the Chloe. The only real difference is they are set up for SAT, with everything below deck, and the Wyatt is just a little longer. They needed more room for the SAT control room in front of the moon pool. The only thing else that is scheduled to built at Dakota Creek is one of the two big MPSV’s that are being built. I think they just started cutting the steel for the one being built at Houma. Not sure if they have signed a contract on the Dakota creek hull. Unless they start building some OSV’s up there to, Can’t say much about that though.

2 ice class PSVs for Statoil. Going to AK.