The term "Master Mariner"

[QUOTE=Captain Electron!!;21089]I do remember seeing a license long ago which had “Master Mariner” as its banner.[/QUOTE]

That and a token will get you on the subway.

[ul]
[li][quote=cmjeff;21105]That and a token will get you on the subway.[/quote][/li][/ul]:rolleyes: - Your opinion and $3 will get a you a nice cup of coffee at Starbucks too . .

I’m glad I’m not a smart ass.

Master Mariners predate the licenses. Over the centuries they have explored the oceans on many a “voyage of discovery” as well as sailing to the fishing banks to make their living. Some but not all have had official credentials. Every one of us knows of a character with an impressive portfolio we couldn’t trust with the ship’s launch.Anyway there are many “Master Mariners” working at sea who don’t wear epeulettes.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;21101]The name of the level I have achieved is master mariner. If I want to use the title Capt in my email address I will. I am by no means arrogant but I don’t see any reason to be coy about it either, it’s not like someone just handed me a master license for my good looks. If anyone objects then let them spent a good part of twenty years working the way up the ladder and then let me know what you think, anyone else knows where they can go.[/QUOTE]

Roger that & definitely no offense meant. I was thinking more along the lines of the “OUPV Masters” that all have captblahblah@hotmail for their email addresses. You sir, have earned it.

And Capt. Anon and I go a way back. Sorry you got in those crosshairs.

Oh, none taken, I didn’t mean word my comment so strongly. I was just putting in my ten cents worth.

But remember, outside of our little world, folks think that Sig Hansen is a real ship captain. All because they see it on TV.